1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drakensang Online Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by booman, Oct 10, 2014.

• by booman, Oct 10, 2014 at 1:52 PM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Drakensang is free-to-play MMO RPG and only requires a few minutes to setup. The download is literally under 10 Megabytes and the game loads in seconds. If you want to play a quick game with stunning graphics, intense minion skirmishes and cooperative gameplay (PvE & PvP)... Drakensang is the best place to begin!

UPDATE 2024!
    Drakensang Online is now available on Steam and links your steam account directly to the Drakensang servers. No need to login or create a password.

There are a few steps for Drakensang Online to run properly in Steam with Proton!

The Cursor works again! Well at least half of it...
    Change the proton version to Proton Experimental
    Delete the prefix: ~/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/compatdata/2067850
    Restart Steam and it should appear with half of a cursor!

Launch options: -borderless -novideo -high

Mint 21.1 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 1650
    Nvidia 535
    Proton Experimental 8

dsang-0.jpg dsang-1.jpg dsang-2.jpg dsang-3.jpg dsang-4.jpg dsang-5.jpg dsang-6.jpg dsang-7.jpg dsang-8.jpg dsang-9.jpg dsang-10.jpg dsang-11.jpg dsang-12.jpg dsang-13.jpg dsang-14.jpg dsang-15.jpg dsang-16.jpg dsang-17.jpg dsang-18.jpg dsang-19.jpg dsang-20.jpg dsang-21.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2024

Comments

Discussion in 'Guides' started by booman, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Vale
    I used Random Agend Spoofer. I also use this for NETFLIX because they dont support Linux and you cant view with a Linux browser.:)
  2. booman
  3. booman
  4. booman
    Yeah, it even still plays fine the last time I tried.
  5. MrBottle
    [MOUSE not working/showing up]

Hi,
    the game seems to work fine with this guide BUT the mouse is not showing up!

The mouse is working but i cannot see the "real" cursor. The "game" cursor is not moving and i have to guess the mouse position.
    I already tried with different wine settings like "auto capture mouse..." and "virtual desktop" and also tried different wine versions.
    Always the same result.... i can´t see the mouse.

Any ideas on this!?

Thx
  6. booman
    Welcome to the forum MrBottle!
    I haven't experienced that one before... what version of Wine are you using?
    You may want to try newer versions like Wine 2.0.3 or Wine 2.20-staging
    Something with Direct X is probably not working... maybe xinput or xact
  7. MrBottle
    Hi and thank you.
    I have tried these versions:
    -2.20-staging
    -2.0-staging

So i think it is another problem and not the wine version. (Or should i try some other versions as well?)

I am not very into Wine/PlayOnLinux so what other possibilities do i have?
    You mentioned xinput and xact, where is a starting point for me to check for these and to see if the problems is there?

Thank you very much!
  8. booman
    1. Select Drakensang
    2. Click Configure
    3. Click "Install Components" tab
    4. Install xinput
    5. Install xact

You could also try: dxfullsetup

It really depends on what Drakensang has changed or updated. But I've never seen this problem in Mint and my whole family has been playing on 4 different computers. All with Mint and GeForce video cards.

You can also enable/disable the virtual desktop. That may be causing a problem as well...

1. Select Drakensang
    2. Click Configure
    3. Wine Tab
    4. Wine Configuration
    5. Display Tab
    6. Check/Uncheck Virtual Desktop
    7. OK
  9. MrBottle
    Thanks for your response.
    So i tried everything you wrote and also played around with some registry settings regarding the mouse options. Also tried different staging versions with other graphic settings and opengl settings etc...
    In the end i can´t get it to work the mouse is still not visible. Really strange because it seems that i am the only one with this problem.
    What are your Mint systems?
    I am running KDE with the NVIDIA 384 driver.
  10. booman
    This might be a new problem and no one else has reported it. MMO's like Drakensang will get updates regularly and can break Wine.

I will have to try downloading and installing Drakensang again this weekend and see if I'm having this problem too.

Did you try disabling/enabling the virtual desktop?
    Also try changing the windows version to XP, or 7 or even Win 10

I am using Mint 18.2 with AMD processors and GeForce GTX950, 750Ti, GTX1060
    I have six computers with Mint 18.2 64-bit and all Nvidia cards. And most of them are using Nvidia 384 drivers
  11. MrBottle
    Yes i think i tried every possible combination.
    With and without virtual Desktop, different OS Settings and all other setting combinations as well... still no luck :-(
    I am using Mint 18.2 KDE 64bit; Kernel 4.10.0-35; NVIDIA 384
    Hardware is Intel i7-7700K and Nvidia GTX 465
    Maybe you can reproduce the problem.
    Thank you for your help.
  12. booman
    I made a note to remind me, I'll try downloading and testing as I always do and see if anything is different.
  13. MrBottle
    Hi booman,
    first of all thank you very much for your help.
    But after trying to get it to work for two days i decided to use an alternative.
    I am running it now in a virtual machine (vm player) and it works perfect.
    So for now (and me) problem solved.
    booman likes this.
  14. kaysob1
    When I got the game and in the client and it downloads the updates. It says it need to download 1283mb. And for some reason it downloads like 1mb every 5 minutes??? WTF!!?!?!!?!!?!? My internet speed is great! I download stuff at like 4 to 6mb per/sec. Can you help?
  15. booman
    No problem. Do you mean a Virtual Machine with Windows?
  16. booman
    I remember it being pretty slow for me as well. Maybe the Drakensang servers are down and your client is forced to download from another country?
  17. Gizmo
    Your own internet connection speed is only one of a great many things that can impact your download performance. Among other things:
    The download client being used
    The performance of your computer (CPU speed, free memory, disk I/O load)
    Errors on your network connection.
    Speed and Error Rate of your ISP's backbone
    Speed and Error Rate between your ISP's backbone and the backbone of the ISP hosting the server.
    Speed and Error rate of the Server's ISP connection.
    Speed and Error rate of the Server's network connection.
    The performance of the server.
    The server software being used.

As you can see, there are LOT of things that can affect your download speed, only SOME of which are under your (or even your ISP's) control. And this isn't even and exhaustive list, it's just what I thought of off the top of my head.

That being said, it's been my experience that MOST of the time, if your own internet connection is otherwise performing well, the problem is USUALLY at the server end. About all you can do is complain to the server admins at that point.
    booman likes this.
  18. booman
    And... Wine has its "overhead" processes that can slow things down as well.
  19. booman
    Mouse broken = Confirmed!
    I just downloaded, installed and logged in and the mouse cursor just sits there. I can tell the mouse is moving because buttons will highlight, but the decorative cursor its-self doesn't move at all.
    I checked the logs/debug but nothing specific, no real err:
    I'll try some overrides/packages to see if it fixes anything...

There isn't any sound either...