1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drakensang Online Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by booman, Oct 10, 2014.

• by booman, Oct 10, 2014 at 1:52 PM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Drakensang is free-to-play MMO RPG and only requires a few minutes to setup. The download is literally under 10 Megabytes and the game loads in seconds. If you want to play a quick game with stunning graphics, intense minion skirmishes and cooperative gameplay (PvE & PvP)... Drakensang is the best place to begin!

UPDATE 2024!
    Drakensang Online is now available on Steam and links your steam account directly to the Drakensang servers. No need to login or create a password.

There are a few steps for Drakensang Online to run properly in Steam with Proton!

The Cursor works again! Well at least half of it...
    Change the proton version to Proton Experimental
    Delete the prefix: ~/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/compatdata/2067850
    Restart Steam and it should appear with half of a cursor!

Launch options: -borderless -novideo -high

Mint 21.1 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 1650
    Nvidia 535
    Proton Experimental 8

dsang-0.jpg dsang-1.jpg dsang-2.jpg dsang-3.jpg dsang-4.jpg dsang-5.jpg dsang-6.jpg dsang-7.jpg dsang-8.jpg dsang-9.jpg dsang-10.jpg dsang-11.jpg dsang-12.jpg dsang-13.jpg dsang-14.jpg dsang-15.jpg dsang-16.jpg dsang-17.jpg dsang-18.jpg dsang-19.jpg dsang-20.jpg dsang-21.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2024

Comments

Discussion in 'Guides' started by booman, Oct 10, 2014.

1. MrBottle
    Yes, i am using now a virtual machine with windows 10 (VM Ware player) to play.

AHH so it´s not just me ;-) Yes that´s exactly the problem, there is no visible mouse pointer.
  2. booman
    Nope, not just you...
    I'm researching and can't find anything or anyone with this problem... yet!
    But I did find a forum post from Drakensang developers and they mention:
    D3D9MouseRenderDevice::InternalUpdateMouseCursor()
  3. booman
    This got me to wondering... what if they are using Direct X 10/11 for rendering the mouse cursor?

Maybe try installing Drakensang with d3dx10 & d3dx11 packages only. This way its not trying to render the mouse with Direct X 9 only.
  4. Rahadian Arya
    please fix the download link. I can't found the .exe file
  5. Rahadian Arya
    and I got the same problem with cursor. any fix ?thnx
  6. booman
    Unfortunately the website will never see that we want an .exe for the download.
    So you can just right-click the link, copy it and paste into the address bar, but replace the .dmg with .exe and you will get the Windows installer.

I got the mouse bug as well. No fix for it yet....
    Please let me know if you hear about a fix for it.
  7. Rahadian Arya
    well umm ok.
    @booman if you have list mmorpg game for the potato linux pc, please let me know . thanks :):):)
  8. booman
    hmm, you could try Spiral Knights
    Or you can try Runescape or Wakfu (turn based)
  9. Shane Crick
    Having the mouse Issue as well and was curious If anyone had any luck getting It resolved? I tried both versions of 10 and 11 of Direct X, but that didn't help. Hoping someone finds a fix for the Issue soon as this looks like It would be an awesome game to play.
  10. booman
    Not yet... it is a strange problem. I wish the game would allows us to select a simple mouse, even in a config if we have to.
    This was never a problem for years. Drakensang is AMAZING! And a lot of fun. I've played it through several times, but not to the end because you eventually level up so slowly that you have to pay $$ or give up
  11. Blake0902
    I have an issue loading the game, just black screen when opening server. Before picking server when it is loading the required data it is moving very slowly. The computer itself does fine on a speedtest so its not my internet i am thinking something to do with an issue with wine reading my network card or something.
  12. booman
    Thanks for posting Blake, last I heard there is still a mouse problem in Drakensang making it unplayable. So even if you get it installed, you can't even use the mouse.
    I probably need to test again with wine staging to see if anyone has fixed the mouse bug.
  13. Wasabi Knight
    Are there any news yet? I tried installing it and ended up with the same problem.
    booman likes this.
  14. booman
    Not yet, I plan on testing Drakensang Online with Wine staging and DXVK
    Maybe that will fix the mouse issue.
    Sadly there is no way to turn it off and set it back to the legacy mouse cursor
  15. booman
    Tested Drakensang Online this weekend with DXVK and still have the same stuck mouse problem. Not sure how to fix it?
  16. D.A.Tiger
    booman likes this.
  17. booman
    Oh, I didn't even think of that. I'll try testing Drakensang Online with GloriousEggRolls Proton fork and see if the broken mouse starts to work again.

So sad that a single feature can break a whole game for Linux gamers.
  18. booman
    I tried Proton GE 5.2 and even manually added DXVK, but still the mouse is stuck on the screen. It flickers when you move the mouse, but the cursor doesn't actually go anywhere.

I did find a config XML under the user folder temp
    /home/booman/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/drakensang/drive_c/users/booman/Temp/DSOClient

Mess around with that, but the game overwrites it when you launch it.

I also found a cached file called:
    export_win32_textures_mousecursor___toc._0c9731a44c1af45dd4c46fd11bfbcc56

Tried deleting it, changing permissions, renaming and even recreating it as a blank file... but the game always downloads the file again.

What is strange, is you can actually change the game to windowed and then move the window around and the cursor actually moves around on the screen, its just stuck in one place in the Window... try it!
    D.A.Tiger likes this.
  19. D.A.Tiger
    Thanks for the reaction. I'll look at it when it's time. If I find something new, I will write again. :)

I'm not surprised that one function can cripple the entire program. But I'm sad to be completely uninterested in Bigpoint. :'-(
  20. booman
    I even made a small video of the frozen cursor