1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arma2 and DayZ Mod

Discussion in 'Games' started by Cainey411, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Cainey411

Cainey411 New Member

Hello,
    just a quick question about the Arma2 mod DayZ.
    Has any one tried to install It on Linux?
    If so how far have you got with It?

I have managed to join one or two servers and play with no issues but most of the server I try to join come back with wrong version or something along them lines.
    I have just removed the game and I am going to try another way I will post the out come and hopefully have a tutorial on this.

Thanks,
  2. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    I have not. I don't even have it. I know there is an Arma2 free-to-play but doesn't have all the graphical bells-n-whistles.
    So maybe I could download it?
    Does the F2P Arma2 work with DayZ?
    I've read a lot of good things about DayZ mod and read that the developers for Arma are working on an actual DayZ game...
  3. Cainey411

Cainey411 New Member

About the F2P I couldn't tell you I'm sorry but I did hear that they had a F2P not long ago so I might try It but like you say It's not as good looking as the one you buy.

And yes :) they are making a stand alone, It should have been out In December but Rocket the founder changed his mind about the games engine and kind of rebuilt the game, So It looks like It will be next year.
    Another game to look out for Is State Of Decay or SOD out for console now but they are looking at a desktop version, no release date yet.
  4. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Yeah I read about it but its a pretty large download and still not high quality like you said. Kind of a cool business model though...
    I didn't know about Sate of Decay... I'm looking into that.
    I really like the look of Watch Dogs, I wish I could afford it too.
    last weekend Steam had a 75% off sales for Tomb Raider, I really wanted to get it, but I'm going to have to wait.
    As you can see in my guides I have a lot of older games. It would be nice to have more guides on newer games. I just can't afford them right now