1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Borderlands 2 will be available in Linux

Discussion in 'General Linux Discussion' started by allenskd, Sep 4, 2014.

1. allenskd

allenskd Active Member

If you own Borderlands 2 then you will know that in your Games list it's already popping out.

Yet another great addition!

P.S Aspyr who is managing the port hasn't added the executables yet. I'm hoping they do it soon.
  2. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    I saw that today in Steam on my Chromebook.
    I thought it was a mistake, but after reading reddit, looks like its going to be real!
    I'm extremely excited! Can't wait to try it in Linux natively
    Of course my Guide will now be obsolete, but I'll leave it up anyways.

I bet its a similar deal as Witcher 2. If Borderlands 2 has high enough install numbers, then the Pre Sequel will get a Linux port.
  3. Aryvandaar

Aryvandaar Active Member

It seems a bit retarded to make a port to check popularity. Did they ever stop to consider that people might not want to play a port? The numbers represented with a port is not accurate of the number of people who would actually play it on Linux because it's not a native version.
  4. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    You know what I mean...
    The numbers mean everything for success to these companies. They aren't just doing it for "us"
    If their older products have success in a new niche then they are probably going to release new products in the niche as well. Its all about money.
    I won't be purchasing a new copy, but I will definitely download and try out Borderlands 2 in Linux.
    If I have the money when the PreSequel is released, I'll definitely purchase a Linux copy if they decide to port one.