1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you really know that death is always near?

Discussion in 'Random Nonsense' started by Daniel~, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    Two of my closest neighbors just returned form downtown Seattle. They are work buddies and they were looking to pick up some work.

Two cars ahead of them a falling crane began taking lives. Four people were killed right in front of them, 4 more seriously injured. Rick and Greg started trying to pull people out.

"There but for the grace of God go you or I."

Patti says that Ricks face was ashen as he told her of the day..

After doing what they could to help they came home.

it's 4 hours round trip and both are low on cash. A bad day all around. Just glad Rick and Greg made it home to say their prayers.

Out of a clear blue sky:

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/crane-collapsed-on-several-cars-in-downtown-seattle/944093673
  2. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

That is indeed the truth. We never know how close that last breath is.
  3. LutaWicasa

LutaWicasa Member

Home page:
    Death is with us always....ever by our sides.
    Not to be feared nor loathed, it is an essential part of life.
    I'll most likely be soon embracing death and thus transitioning to..........
  4. Daniel~

Home page:
    Has your health taken a turn for the worse? I pray not.
    I'm unsure as to weather I'll have the balls to embrace death, but beyond all doubt Death shall embrace me!

I put this together for myself many years ago. As no one has bothered to correct me in that time perhaps I've got this right.

I only see three possibilities.

1. Dead is dead. in which case I'll not be there to approve or disapprove, I will cease to be.

2. Dead is judgement. in which case most of us have little or nothing to fear.
    Artist simply don't create in order to condemn, rather artist rejoice in their creations.

I find the third possibility the more interesting

3. Dead is as you put so well Transition.
    This possibility offers us many possibilities. We can go up the ladder or down as karma dictates.
    The judgement we face is quite possibly not personal. But rather the working out of laws inherent in Birth and death. As the entirety of existence is founded upon Justice and Mercy "Why worry now?"

So gone, improved or transcendent We go the way of our fathers. We go the way of all that lives.
    So how bad can that be?":O}

If that which gave us all we are and are to know wants it back
    My feeling is that it's the least we owe and we should rejoice to make good on such a debt.

My personal belief is that every thing comes to be and passes away according to the fixed laws of our universe.
    These laws are immutable and unchanging. There is a reason we call these laws the laws of life.
    They bring us forth to know the light.
    Having seen the light who would ever return willingly to darkness?
    If you had created creatures to stand forth in the light..How reluctant would you be to condemn them once more into darkness?

I believe that the Universe works always as the Superior man has come to behave
    We both struggle to save all that can be saved.

What we cannot save...Well that's in God's hand is it not?

Please let us know how your body is doing? The rest of you seems pretty ship shape as far as I can tell.":O}
  5. LutaWicasa

LutaWicasa Member

Home page:
    Yeah well...I have a rather aggressive stomach cancer. Doing the chemo thing currently but will have surgery within the next month or so.
  6. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Very unhappy to learn this Luta Wicasa. Wish life was much more fair, it can be cruel indeed. It's good to hear from you!
  7. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

This Superior Man thing can be a bit grating on the nerves of we less than superior folks. I don't think you use the term to denote superiority, yet the first sentence is true.
  8. Daniel~

Home page:
    I am truly sorry and sadden that you must go though this.Were it up to me you would be sunning yourself in Tahiti about now. If wishes were horses, White men would walk! ":O}

Any idea what caused your rank encounter with the beast? I don't suppose that's of great importance unless your part of a cancer cluster. How are your friends and family doing?

I like to think of myself as helpful. But things like this shoot that all to shit.
    if you can find a way i may be of use to you it would be greatly appreciated.

You have long been in my prayers, second tier of course!
    You will be ever so happy to learn that you've just gone top tier!

You must be feeling better already...

Joking is what I do when I am helpless before the fates of men.

I know it can be difficult to bring such news, i thank you for the space you've made in your life for us.
    I would like to be with you on your journey, but have no wish to further burden you.

So please do what you can to stay in touch...Whatever happens stick with the Chemo . My sister went though this hell, then made a life for herself on the other side. I asked her if she would do it again. all she would say is "Life is precious."

I suppose I have stumbled about long enough. Stay strong, God expects that of us but knows how very hard that can be.

Be and be well.
  9. Daniel~

Home page:
    What is the Superior man?

Men are born with a higher and a lower nature.
    He who cultivates that which is superior in his nature and limits that which is inferior in his nature
    can be said to be a superior man.

It has been said that "We are what we eat."
    I would say that we are what we choose to nourish ourselves upon.

When we seek the higher over time the lower is elevated or it falls away from us.

So what do you seek my friend?
  10. LutaWicasa

LutaWicasa Member

Home page:
    Doesn't seem to be a singular kinda cause....just, shit happens :)
    I plan on following the docs instructions, at least to a point.
    Whereas I agree with your sis about life being precious....I do, however believe that quality is preferred over quantity ;)
    Just feelin' a bit like a single pat of butter for two pieces of toast....scraped too thin.
    cloasters likes this.
  11. Daniel~

Home page:
    It's bound to seem that way for some time to come. I think my sister's answer was she couldn't bring herself to say she would do it again, but what are her options?

This was conveyed to me as being an Indigenous people's saying, but who knows.

"We stay until life becomes heavier than death."

I'm right there with you .When the only possible life is one of pain and suffering then God may be trying to tell us something, maybe it's time to move along.

How are your pain meds working for you? Are you able to work?
    Work can be a real life saver when in such difficulties. But that isn't always possible.

I have never believed that taking one's own life to be a mortal sin. In most cases a really bad choice, sometimes a really bad choice is all we have.

We are born with a strong aversion to death, life is meant to be lived. But the difficulties at the beginning become to great for some people, I am told that this is the saddest of all things.

But how long should we try to hold on to the light of a setting sun?

We are of an age where we can be said to have lived our lives, having lived we are capable of understanding what we do when we choose to depart.

I will do as God has done, I will leave this in your good hands.
  12. LutaWicasa

LutaWicasa Member

Home page:
    I so wish I were able to work...but, what I did is more labor intensive than I am able to do.
    I refuse pain meds beyond acetaminophen...I tend to be somewhat an addictive personality.
    Any pain has not yet negatively impacted my "quality" of life...I really don't think I feel pain the same way as most do.
    Even the chemo thus far has been much easier on me than expected. No nausea, no bone pain...not even hair loss beyond which I'd already been experiencing. Just kinda....I dunno, wasting away.
    I just don't want to get to the point that I burden someone else...rather find a high place and sing my song. No suicide...just quietly slip beyond this mortal coil :)
  13. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

A reprieve from self punishment. I'm too good at it.
  14. Daniel~

Home page:
    I spent years in the Martial Arts and found some degree of success. Then my legs began to go and all that I had attained was taken from me. I was fairly happy and then it was taken from me.

I was happy because I was better than most but far from greatness. I was happy because I was spending myu time on what was easy for me.

The next two decades of my life were a kinda self imposed hell.
    I had nothing I wanted to do. I was forced by boredom to face myself without all the decorations that the arts had given me to hide myself,

It was time for me to face what was and always will be hard for me. I had to learn that there is no way out of being yourself. I had to learn to never suffer any more than you absolutely have to. Suffering is easy, making needed corrections is very hard for me.

So yeah, I feel your pain. Idleness is a rosey bitch. looks good from a distance but always ends up close and personal. Idleness can take us directly to the source of our discontent with our selves.

Throw in the pain of Zoster and I was practically half way to enlightenment! LOL
    I'm right there with you on the pain meds. they can be worse than the initial pain.

I can only endorse them in extrema. Only when faced with agony. I "think" I'm fairly normal as far as pain response. But I know I no longer regard my pain as being important. Great to be free of pain, but that's not the essential thing.

Learning of duty has dulled my pain a bit.
    Funny you should mention your song.

I have been practicing my death dance, the fancy foot work that will take me to the other side and allow me to leave all fancy foot work behind me.":O}

So how is your living situation? How are your finances?
    Do you have people around you that you can rely upon?

You have to do this. But you don't have to do this alone...until you do.

All we can do is to let the Great maker, remake us in his own image.
  15. LutaWicasa

LutaWicasa Member

Home page:
    I've everything I need :)
  16. Daniel~

Home page:
    Few are wise enough to know this.
    I have little to give beyond my good intentions.":O}
  17. LutaWicasa

LutaWicasa Member

Home page:
    Things are apparently looking kinda uppish....doc has extended the chemo an additional month as it is doing it's job and knockin' back the cancer a bit. Won't be doin' the surgery now until the end of Oct or early Nov.
    So...looks as if I just may be around long enough to see the ouster of Trumpocolypse :D
  18. Daniel~

Home page:
    This is really good news! This makes me happy.

You deserve to see tumor lynched, hell we all do! But your paying for the privilege.
    Might be the best best bill you ever paid.

So how are you weathering the storm my friend?
    Did you ever think more kemo would be GOOD NEWS!

Even happy turns of fate can seem strange to us when they first arrive.

Blessings.
  19. Daniel~

Home page:
    Then stop being less than superior. It's totally in your hands and in your actions
    Why would any one settle for less?

"He not busy being born is busy dying."
    Or
    Wake up little Suzy it's time to go home.":O}

Yes I do! superiority is exactly what superiority means
    Your problem is that you see the assignment of relative value
    As taking place out in the world where it quite obviously exists.

All men are created equal, under the law and no place else.

But the relative value is really set within one self.

A man can make a complete unfeeling pig of him self
    (cough) tumor (cough)
    or spend their life seeking refinement.Saint or Saint and everything in between.

Humility isn't about self abasement or parading weakness and uncertainty.

Humility shows itself in the ability to rise to a higher standard of conduct. To hold oneself to a higher morality.
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  20. LutaWicasa

LutaWicasa Member

Home page:
    Weathering as well as I am able :)
    Luckily, I have 2 docs that balance each other well. The oncologist tends toward quiet understatement (after a PET scan, he said he was "pleased") where the cutter is most assuredly a leaner to the outspoken optimist (same PET he spoke of there being a significant slowdown of cancerous activity)
    So...I'm "pleased" ;)