1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doom 2016 in Proton

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Jun 5, 2020.

• by booman, Jun 5, 2020 at 10:37 PM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Remember DOOM 3?

The first time I played it I was awe struck with the beautiful graphics, creepy monsters and scripted events. Like visions of hell, floating objects, automated machinery and monsters crawling on the walls.

Doom 2016 is a re-creation of Doom 3 better in every way. Glory kill minions with your bare-gloves, parkour across levels to reach power ups and level up your weapons and skills. This is what everyone wanted! An epic bloody horror space action FPS with all of our favorite monsters.

In Linux Proton 5.0-7 handles Doom 2016 (vulkan) perfectly! I was able to launch, configure graphics settings and play without any problems. Game-play and controls handle nicely with my GTX 1060. This game is beautifully made. Every objects looks hand-crafted and all the gory details are there. Anyone who loves FPS shooters has to buy this one.

doom-14.jpg doom-16.jpg doom-20.jpg doom-22.jpg doom-24.jpg doom-28.jpg doom-30.jpg doom-37.jpg doom-38.jpg doom-42.jpg doom-44.jpg doom-46.jpg doom-49.jpg doom-52.jpg doom-56.jpg doom-58.jpg doom-59.jpg

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Daniel~
    How much is it selling for Boo?
  2. booman
    Wait for the Steam Summer Sale and you could probably pick it up for $10