1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreamfall Chapters

Discussion in 'Games' started by Daerandin, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Daerandin

Daerandin Well-Known Member

Home page:
    Dreamfall Chapters is now available on Steam and GOG. I backed the game on kickstarter and am very happy to finally see it released. The Linux version runs well, but it is not perfect yet.

The dev team pushed themselves to get the first part of the game out, which resulted in some bugs still being around. They will work on patching it in the coming days.

I have not played it much so far, but what I have noticed are two things. I do get some odd black squares now and then, just a weird graphical issue that seem to affect a lot of people.

Apart from that, the game is actually unplayable with certain system locales. Space Hulk on Steam had the exact same problem with the Linux version, but they did fix it. Since I have norwegian locale on my system, it crashes very quickly. But if I run the game with:

LC_ALL=C ./game_executable

Then it will run without problems.

This is the first part of 5 "chapters" that will be released in the time ahead. The developer is planning on having the final chapter out in less than a year from now. I have played both the previous games in this series, The Longest Journey, and Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, so I have been very excited about the series finally being continued.
  2. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    I have been following Dreamfall as well. I'm very impressed with the quality!
    So is it a point-n-click adventure or a 3rd Person adventure?
    Seems like the later, but its hard to tell which videos are showing cut-scenes or game-play...
  3. Daerandin

Daerandin Well-Known Member

Home page:
    It is a third person adventure game, but it also feels like a point-n-click adventure in many ways.
  4. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page: