1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I liked "Black Panther," buy maybe I'm late

Discussion in 'Random Nonsense' started by cloasters, Sep 11, 2018.

1. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Saw "Black Panther" on Netflix. Guess there's no way that the political group would get a thumb's up, but this fantasy was enjoyable. Well done, Marvel.
  2. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    After all the hype I was a bit disappointed. I thought the acting was consistently good, but that the story needed some improvements. I guess I felt that after waiting so long for a A story that spoke to black America, Black America deserved more.

But no doubt about it Comics are doing their share to improve relations all around.
  3. Gizmo

Gizmo Chief Site Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    I really like Letitia Wright as Shuri, and of course Angela Bassett is just "Wrrowwrrrr!" as far as I am concerned (I've had a crush on her for a long time :) ). Chadwick Boseman brought a solid feel as well, I thought.

Overall, I enjoyed the movie. I don't think it was at the same level as Iron Man, but I thought it was a heckuva lot better than the first Captain America. As far as I know, this is the first BP movie ever, so they were kinda feeling their way to see what worked and what didn't. Bearing that in mind, I though they did well.
  4. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    I kept thinking of the Wonder woman Movie. Though it seem to bog down a bit in on going conflict with the villain.
    But I doubt I will ever forget the two foot high chug- a- muffin that played Wonder woman a a young girl.

She made me happy.

I guess I just wanted panther to be perfect for young black America.