1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Game Review: Fantasy Strike

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Sep 28, 2018.

• by booman, Sep 28, 2018 at 7:39 PM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    We were recently given a Steam key to trial Fantasy Strike:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/390560/Fantasy_Strike/
    http://www.fantasystrike.com

When I was younger I used to play more Fighting games with friends. Games like:
    • Mortal Kombat
    • Street Fighter
    • Darkstalkers
    • Samurai Showdown
    • Tekken
    • Clay Fighter
    • Bushido Blade
    • Killer Instinct
    • Soul Caliber
    I must have played too much because I'm not as engaged with today's fighting games and I get frustrated easily.

Fantasy Strike is a 3D fighting game where you can play against opponents online. I was able to use my Xbox controller in Mint 18.3 and utilize all of the available characters. The art is very Borderlands-style and animations are perfect for fact action fighting and special moves. Each character have typical (Street Fighter & Mortal Kombat) moves, but also a few unique moves as well. As with any fighting game, you need to learn all of the characters strengths and weaknesses in order to fight consistently. Of course you will have your favorites... They included a practice and tutorial mode so you can learn moves and special abilities.

Overall, Fantasy Strike looks like a very professional release by and indie team and has a lot going for them.
    Everything from graphics, sound & performance ran great in Linux.

My specs:
    Mint 18.4 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 1060
    Nvidia 396.54
    Amazon Basics Xbox controller
  • Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Sep 28, 2018.