1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lutris Gaming with Wine

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Jul 13, 2017.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Daniel~
    Left hanging?
  2. booman
    Kinda... I was curious if anyone else has tried Lutris in comparison to PlayOnLinux?
    I've read a lot of good things, but honestly I've invested so much in PlayOnLinux it will be hard to change.
  3. Daniel~
    I'm looking at it.But Will be losing my Internet connection for 10 days starting tomorrow or the next day. I'm going dark for 10 days. What a drag

4. booman
    No problem bro! I'm in no hurry
  5. steve723
    Left hanging? Does this mean pol is dead as in no further development? If so then that would explain why my post in pol/manual installations is not getting answered. I am trying to install Banished but steam won't work. I was hoping by now there would be a Linux port since Banished is considered on of the best games of its genre.
  6. steve723
    Trying 0.4.12. Not sure how but trying to install Banished/steam.
  7. steve723
    Same problem as pol. Steam keeps crashing.
  8. steve723
    The dark ages. How will you survive. Lol
  9. steve723
    Is there a way to download more versions of wine to tell the game to try a different one?
  10. steve723
    I can't tell if it's working or not as there is no progress bar or anything else to show progress. Steam is not showing on the clipper. All I can do is wait a few hours and see if it works.
  11. steve723
    The Banish install seems to be a failure! I think it might be Valves fault as Steam for windoze doesn't seem to work. If I could try a different version of wine then that might work. Any idea how to do that?
  12. steve723
    Lutris won't install The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim either!
  13. booman
    I haven't actually tried Lutris yet, but I've heard it will allow you to select other "stable" versions of Wine. I don't know about patched versions.
  14. steve723
    How can I select other versions?
  15. steve723
    My rating on Lutris = zero out of 5 stars as in epic fail!
  16. booman
    Really? Can you explain why?

If Lutris is really that bad, then I'm not even going to try it out. I'll just wait for PlayOnLinux 5 to be released
  17. steve723
    The steam Linux games work, but all that is is just Lutris starting then handing off to steam. It totally fails when running wine with steam then it gets messed up and steam for windows never works. I even tried telling apt to uninstall it and then reinstall it and it still won't install any games using wine/steam for windows. It shows promise, but it's still being created. It might someday be a catch all for running all games, but it needs more time. Part of it might be dwrite. It also doesn't draw the windows for steam properly. Maybe GTK or something. It might be a problem with wine, but it needs to be programmed to realize when wine fails to install steam.
  18. booman
    Dang, that is what I was afraid of. Could you find any way to install games that are not listed?

I searched their website for some of the games I have created guides for and they didn't have em.
  19. steve723
    The steam Linux games work, but all that is is just Lutris starting then handing off to steam. It totally fails when running wine with steam then it gets messed up and steam for windows never works. I even tried telling apt to uninstall it and then reinstall it and it still won't install any games using wine/steam for windows. It shows promise, but it's still being created. It might someday be a catch all for running all games, but it needs more time. Part of it might be dwrite. It also doesn't draw the windows for steam properly. Maybe GTK or something. It might be a problem with wine, but it needs to be programmed to relize when wine fails to install steam.
    They list the steam for windows games such as Skyrim but since they can't install steam for windows... They will probably fix that unless they want bad reviews from Linux gamers. I'll give them three or four months and then try banished and Skyrim again. Maybe the will sort out the steam for windows install. We know wine can run steam so they just need to get their act together. They probably need to reconfig so it compiles correctly.