1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster Hunter Rise Demo in Proton

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Oct 27, 2021.

• by booman, Oct 27, 2021 at 1:56 PM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Monster Hunter Rise is the next installment of the hunting series...
    Select a class like an axe, sword wielding character or a gun slaying character and many more... then ride your wolf around the massive map searching for elements to craft traps and poisons. Once you find a monster, TAKE IT DOWN or mount it if possible and use its own body weight to smash them into the environment.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1446780/MONSTER_HUNTER_RISE/

Proton was able to handle Monster Hunter Rise demo very well. I left all the settings on normal which included HD textures and most settings on high. The screenshots are kinda crappy because the stinking HUD is so large, but the environment and animation is top notch! Each creature has a purpose and the monsters roam around freely. Unfortunately when I tied to play co-op with my daughter there was a HUGE sync issue and it was unplayable for her. Any time she moved her character the camera would literally jerk around in every direction.

Specs:
    Mint 20.1 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 1060
    Nvidia 470
    Proton-6.19-GE-2

monster-13.jpg monster-0.jpg monster-1.jpg monster-2.jpg monster-3.jpg monster-4.jpg monster-5.jpg monster-6.jpg monster-7.jpg monster-8.jpg monster-9.jpg monster-10.jpg monster-11.jpg monster-12.jpg

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Oct 27, 2021.