1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Request for Discussion Header: Pi Gaming

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jareth, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Jareth

Jareth New Member

Hello.

I've noticed that Raspberry Pi 3, running a Linux Rasbian Operating System, is gaining momentum in Retro Gaming.
    I wanted to assert a request for a "Pi Gaming" Discussion Header within the GamersOnLinux forum. I think it could help a lot of people who are curious about details & news in Pi Gaming.

I noted that somebody built an OpenSimulator Server on a Raspberry Pi 3 successfully, with upgrade of the power cable & overclocking the little machine.
    Perhaps Raspberry Pi 4 & Raspberry Pi 5 will gain quick headway within Retro Gaming, & might even quickly catch up to capability of running PS2 & PS3 Games, for an example.

Cheers!!
  2. Jareth

Jareth New Member

Alright.
    I'm thinking:
    Black Pearl Gaming Console,
    Powered by Raspberry Pi & Linux Noire.

Essentially, fork Rasbian & make a Pi Gaming Operating System that's designed to resemble the PS3 OS, for efficiency of Gaming Processes.

Print Custom Plastic Pi Cases & SSD Cases.
    I noticed a cool Raspberry Pi 4 Case that resembles the old NES system, & has a Cartridge that holds an SSD Drive. I just got a 1TB Samsung SSD Drive for a birthday gift, & by the time that Raspberry Pi 5 is released, perhaps there will be options for installing a Video Card to the Pi System.

I'm thinking, use Custom & OpenSource Game Engines, created with Blender, or coded with C++, & connect to a PiGames Store so that people can easily find & maybe even buy custom games, or simply list their custom games & game creation kits.

Make it a Linux Gamers thing.
    ^.^
  3. Jareth

Jareth New Member

(Sorry. I haven't figured out a way to edit a previous post yet, not actually.)

I was talking with a company that prints custom plastic enclosures, & I figured to simplify the case:
    A Black & White half Oyster Shell that acts like a replacement lid for the Pi 3 CanaKit enclosure.
    It could be sold promotionally to support the Pi Gaming & Noire Linux Project Team.

:D

I just figured it could be a fun & useful project.
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

4. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page: