1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snake Pass in Proton

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Jun 22, 2020.

• by booman, Jun 22, 2020 at 1:25 PM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Snake Pass looks like a kids game from Nintendo, but after playing it is quite a realistic snake challenge. Slither up and around bamboo objects to collect bubbles, coins and medallions to complete each level. It was definitely created with a controller in mind, but I was able to play with keyboard & mouse.

This is one of the most original ideas I've seen in a long time. Moving a snake in any direction with gravity as your enemy is quite difficult. There is a rhythm and synchronization with movement in order to traverse the objects. Once you reach the top where a coin or bubble resides, its quite satisfying.

Performance was great in Proton with my GeForce GTX 1060. Never had any game-stopping stutters or save/load issues. It just ran awesome!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/544330/Snake_Pass/

Specs:
    Mint 19.3 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 1060
    Nvidia 440.59
    Proton 5.0-9

snakepass-14.jpg snakepass-13.jpg snakepass-12.jpg snakepass-11.jpg snakepass-10.jpg snakepass-9.jpg snakepass-8.jpg snakepass-7.jpg snakepass-6.jpg snakepass-5.jpg snakepass-4.jpg snakepass-3.jpg snakepass-2.jpg

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Jun 22, 2020.