1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 in PlayOnLinux

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Jan 11, 2022.

• by booman, Jan 11, 2022 at 12:35 PM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 is another epic first person shooter where you play as a mercenary near Russian borders in an open world. Complete missions and return to your hideout to upgrade your weapons add accessories and replenish your health. Awake the next day for another bloodbath as a Sniper, Ghost or Warrior. You can also explore by driving vehicles or using your trusted drone and find secret stashes and secret sniping locations.

https://www.gog.com/game/sniper_ghost_warrior_3

As you can see in the above video, Sniper GW 3 plays pretty well in PlayOnLinux with Wine.

Sadly there is a problem
    ... When I start a new game it runs great with high frame rates like a native game, but when I quit and reload the game the frame rates drop to the point of unplayable.

I've tried different versions of Wine, Wine staging and even Proton... nothing seems to fix this problem. I've researched online and even posted on reddit about it and no one seems to know. I did find that Windows gamers had some issues with a memory leak but those solutions didn't work in Wine. So at this point, the game is unplayable, which is really sad because it runs so well. I don't know what happens when you quit the game, but something really affects the performance.

Specs:
    Mint 20.2 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 1060
    Nvidia 470
    PlayOnLinux 4.3.4
    Wine 6.0 64-bit

snipergw-23.jpg snipergw-0.jpg snipergw-22.jpg snipergw-1.jpg snipergw-21.jpg snipergw-2.jpg snipergw-20.jpg snipergw-3.jpg snipergw-19.jpg snipergw-4.jpg snipergw-18.jpg snipergw-5.jpg

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Jan 11, 2022.