1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World of Tanks Blitz

Discussion in 'PlayOnLinux' started by Kostya, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Kostya

Kostya New Member

I'm using the linux mint operating system. Has adopted the latest version of PlayonLinux. I saw on YouTube how people started WOT blitz but for some reason the game does not start. It is updated ready to run but does not start and does not produce an error.
    WOT blitz is a game from Steam but is intended for the Windows operating system. For this reason, I can not install Steam for Linux. I download Steam for Windows but the content is missing just a black screen. Installed WOT blitz from the bottle, the game was updated, everything is fine just does not start ((((Link to the video that I was guided by

Edited by thunderrd; English only please
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2017
  2. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Thank you for posting in our forum.
    I haven't tested World of Tanks in a long long time, but if Steam allows you to download and update without using the WOT client, then it would probably be a better solution.
    Your symptoms might be the result of a recent Steam update that breaks in Wine.
    Try using Wine 2.0.2 or 2.15-staging
  3. Kostya

Kostya New Member

Thanks for the help. Everything worked. I deleted everything and installed it again.
  4. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Awesome! Thank you for confirming. Its good to know newer versions of Wine still run World of Tanks