1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snow like flour on the ground

Discussion in 'Random Nonsense' started by Daniel~, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    I'd guess we are at 2 inches of snow now, Big snow is expected for tonight and the next 5 days and nights.

So no worries if I'm not around for a while. Internet gets pretty flaky when the snow flakes fall.

Now on to science!

What is sleet? A night or two ago I saw something new. It came down like snow flakes on a string. It reminded me of my Great Dane's slobber,long strings of icy snowy stuff. . So did I see sleet?

But the really strange thing that I saw that night were big, softball size
    clumps of snow falling. I only saw a half dozen of them.

They fell lightly like snow. As I have never even heard of this before I'm looking for some sort of confirmation.

But hurry before my internet goes out! ":O}
  2. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Softball size? Dun-dun-duuhn! Sorry, never heard of such a phenomenon. Seems like softball sized hail is becoming more common. Wish to be spared such hail monsters!
  3. Daniel~

Home page:
    No, it floated dowm like a single snow flake. It was at night so I only saw it in motion in it's last 7 feet of fall.

Any way a good 6 inches on the ground now, Snow is predicted day and night for the next 5 days.A fine mist of tiny snow flakes falling now.
  4. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

I don't understand what we are talking about. Highly unusual! A six inch wide SINGLE snowflake? Mongo not permit such a phenomenon in the "big" city. Maybe we will see some snow tomorrow? It's beautiful to see and gussy's up the place real good. Love the quiet too!
  5. Daniel~

Home page:
    no not a huge snow flake but an unusual formation or gathering of snow flakes into a rough ball
  6. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Highly unusual indeed.
  7. Daniel~

Home page:
    Lost power yesterday, but we gained a foot of snow. still falling in a fine mist that completely covered the bare spots under the Yu trees.

Patti got a jump ion the shoveling so it wont be as hard as it was last year.
    Internet seems be be off and on, So I'll be here when I can, which should be mostly always.":O}
  8. Daniel~

Home page:
    2 feet on the ground 10 degrees last night, I have series of ice cycle hanging over my window. There were 6 or 8 of 'em but as the lengthened the widened so now there's only three.