1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it time to self quarantine"

Discussion in 'Random Nonsense' started by Daniel~, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    I would strongly suggest that it is.
    I don't have any more information than anyone else paying attention.
    Unfortunately I effectively don't have any less information either.

So we just don't know. We know it is FOR Sure coming.
    So why take your sick leave or va ca today rather than tomorrow.

Because when we know for sure it will almost certainly be to late.
    Because certainty only comes with testing and testing is a couple months behind.

Shit head has silenced the CDC, so they must be considered compromised and unreliable.

In two weeks you will most likely have reliable information upon which to make an informed choice.

That will only matter if you haven't already caught the bug

It is now when you know almost nothing that you can preserve that informed choice.

Lots of us here are compromised in our health in one way or another... Danger close.

Try and stay safe and prepare your minds for difficult time.

Being in God's hands is not a walk in the park.
    Hold on to your core beliefs.
    "For these are the times that try men's souls/"
    Same as yesterday, same as tomorrow. Time it self tries men's souls.
  2. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    As far as I've heard the Carona virus is like a common cold to most people, but can be fatal to the elderly or people with medical conditions.
  3. Daniel~

Home page:
    It's still a lottery. To much nobody knows
  4. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

The little I know about it sez, 70 yoa? NG. COPD? Double Not Good. If I catch it it'll probably kill me. Wouldn't you know that my state is Top of the Pops?

The beauty part is that Massa Trump is being a huge road block to effectively managing this what appears to be a Pandemic. I am SO gonna vote for him if this illness doesn't kill me first!!!!!!!

All of the Primary votes haven't been tabulated for my home state. Pretty sure that Bernie will take the state.

I guess it's possible that this wonderful Covid-19 could kill Trump. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
    What a great loss to history if that happens!!!!
  5. LutaWicasa

LutaWicasa Member

Home page:
    Meh....beat cancer, I'll weather this as well. Gotta last at least long enough to boot Der Führer Trump out on his ass :cool:
  6. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Sho you right!
  7. Daniel~

Home page:
    stay home, stay away from young children. I just realized last night how very much more social kids are than their parents! You want something to spread widely, give it to the kids!

So stay home, hide from your relatives and eat pie.

Experts who were never elected to anything beyond leading major university'
    science programs have said 50 to 70 percent of Americans will be infected.

What I have heard nothing about is mutation. Mutation is what viruses do for fun. Mutation is what has suddenly brought this virus out of the jungle and into sick rooms across the world.

Mutations are of course always random. So a crap shoot.

This will permanently change our world in totally unforeseen ways.
    A sad fun fact: a virus would have to wipe out 95% of humanity to do us any good. To put us upon a path to sustainability.

If this virus was super charged it would be hard pressed to take out 1% of us.

Humanity is the human plague, Humanity will take us out or usher in a new age

Either way our world has changed, The first of many such sudden changes.
    Sudden change is almost never good. We creatures of this world need time in which to adapt if change is going to benefit life.

My best understanding tells me be to get mobile and stay mobile.We are a decade at the most from running from climate change. Running from coastal storms and flooding. Running from a desiccated tornado torn interior.Running from ice storms and drought

We have "sown the winds and now must reap the whirlwind."
  8. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

I volunteer to be part of the dead and gone 95%. If this COVID-19 gets me I'll beat the rush to the permanent exit. Gallows humor? Could be.
  9. danrok

danrok Administrator Staff Member

They're now saying it already mutated early on in China. One strain makes you sick like very bad flu, the other is a carrier strain that doesn't make you feel ill. Seems like a bad combo!

Oh! Watch out for all kids/teenagers - I work at schools and they don't wash their hands even now.
  10. Daniel~

Home page:
    Are your local schools still in session? Were closing Seattle schools as I type. UCLA is a ghost town.
  11. danrok

Yes, my local schools are all open as usual.

Nationally some schools have shut, but most are open.
  12. Daniel~

Home page:
    I'm afraid this is a pattern. Before a pandemic we are sure we are doing to much and creating "inconvenience"After a pandemic we were criminally to slow.

A 1/3 of our country, (Republicans) think this is a joke. They are the 1/3 that will kill their old and young. People under 50 are now dying almost as fast as the old.

And no I'm not being over partisan. National surveys have confirm this. Those who listen to Trummy were packing the bars last night. They are not afraid of thrummys media and democrat hoax..

All those Americans we are "allowing" to come home (Against Trumshits gut feeling (Of pure cowardice))

were PACKED together for 4 hours with lines and mobs of people (hundreds!)not moving because because No tests No feds doing their jobs. You can count on a spike in cases after this. To day we have Zero assurance it will be any better.

There is a word for people waiting for the feds to act. They are called carriers and victims.Or Republicans for short.
    Only those states whose governors believe in science are doing much of anything. Our top medical people are pulling out their hair!

But as they weren't elected and their reputations have been horribly damage by their insistence on putting science ahead of trumpshits hunches they have no credibility.

People this is a every day counts situation. Thanks to our government America is slated to be the hardest hit country in the world. We are two weeks behind poor Italy. When we get to where they are we will be MUCH worse hit.

Do NOT wait to be told what to do Go home and stay sequestered there until someone in a white coat gives you the all clear.

We now know that people can be asystemactic from 7 to 14 days while they spread flu everywhere they go. Prepare if you can for shortages of every kind.

Be prepared for a spike in Trumshit haters. Republicans who lose loved ones because they followed an idiot without a shred off concern for them except as numbers.

This is going to be bad on so many levels.

"Don't pray for an easy life.
    Instead pray for the strength to endure a hard one."

Pray but God would have never given us science if he did not EXPECT us to use it to better our world. To save our parents and children.

I want to thank God for Governors across this country who have given up on the Feds and are taking this as serious as a heart attack.

They are doing amazing things in their efforts to save all that can be saved. They are forging alliances with their state university's science labs. It is they that will create whatever relief can be found in the coming year(s).
  13. danrok

The latest here, a direct flight from Tenerife just landed at the local airport and all passengers were pulled up and told they're going to have to isolate for 14 days and that the government has buses waiting to take them all directly home. They didn't look too happy about it in the video!

Of course the big flaw in the USA is that there is no public health service!
  14. Daniel~

Home page:
    We are worse off than you think. Obama established a agency here in the USA to work world wide in fighting communicable deceases..

It was their job to find isolate and educate in just our current circumstance.

Thrumshit, dis-banned it firing everyone. Because Obama created it.

It WAS their job to co-ordinate us nationally and internationally.

There's more.

When the CDC wanted to advice the elderly not to fly commercially thrumshit silenced the CDC.Without a whisle blower The elderly still wouldn't know not to fly.

To the extent that trumshit is involved in our response...it's going to be a trummyshit shit show.

Patti's real excited. Just three days after I tried to keep her home the Government is ordering her to stay home.

It will never occur to her that the Government is three days late if not 3 weeks late.

America will be the hardest hit country in the world. Because trumshit is in charge..

We know he's in charge because he keeps saying I didn't do anything, I didn't know anything, I'm doing a A+ job...just perfect.

What a time and place to test the anti-science stance of the republicans. At least one Republican minister is selling the congregation fake cures. He's having a long conversation with his local D.A's office. Charges are pending.

I heard my first expert bring up mutation last night. He was mute and down played it a bit. But at lest he put it out there.

Please everyone try to be safe, for many this will not help. We are very late in the game. But we want to be able to say I tired. Yes?
  15. danrok

Healthcare in Spain is private and I think the government there are simply taking over all the private hospitals.
  16. danrok

17. danrok

18. Daniel~

Home page:
  19. Daniel~

Home page:
    I think we (The USA) are less than three days away from an Italian style national shut down.. We may even see a national minimum wage as hungry people don't stay home.

We are living in a changed world. It will call upon us to be better people than we have been.
    "The times have found us."
  20. danrok

Local schools are closing Friday and nationally they're also cancelling exams in England and Wales.

Only 6 people have tested positive locally out of a population of about 110,000, but hard to say if that's the real picture.