1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neverwinter Nights 2

Discussion in 'PlayOnLinux' started by Jareth, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Jareth

Jareth New Member

Hello.

I recently built a Debian 9 Stretch system specifically for games on Linux.
    I got The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion installed & working well.

I'm an old Dungeons & Dragons enthusiast, & I'm looking for installation instructions for Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete.
    I own the discs.
    I'm aware that GOG.com & Steam sell their own editions of the game, though I'm not trying to buy the game again, not actually.

I'm new to PlayOnLinux.
    I would really like if I were able to use PlayOnLinux more often. I'm put off with the advertising of separate services like Steam & GOG.

Thanks.
  2. cmdl

cmdl New Member

Installing a game is generic so I’ll randomly cite another game: http://www.gamersonlinux.com/forum/threads/risen-2-dark-waters-guide.1717/
    On my system I usually just go with wine installed through the terminal and using winehq instructions for the latest version. So you can skip to the section on that link to POL Installation/Setup. Regarding the sections on wine configuration or packages, I also usually only tweak these if the game doesn’t run on default installation settings. If your CD is needed and not recognized then use Configure -> select installation virtual drive -> Wine -> Configure Wine -> Drives tab and mount your CD there as well.
    booman likes this.
  3. Jareth

Jareth New Member

I found a few tutorials on this page for a few different games. They were step by step tutorials & I was able to use those with ease & immediate success.
    I figured that various people like to troubleshoot game installs for Linux & would consider the implied request.
    I'm not as familiar with Wine, not actually, though I'm working on setting up a Gaming System that has dual boot install of Debian 9 Stretch & Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa.

Mostly, I was just really appreciative of the easy to follow tutorials posted in this forum that I used for a few other games, & I wanted to express that gratitude & maybe learn enough to help with that effort eventually.

Thanks.
    booman likes this.
  4. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page: