1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bernie vs. the DNC party platform, slime time and hang on to the party line

Discussion in 'Random Nonsense' started by Daniel~, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    Ahhhh...sigh...

Bernie is in talks with the DNC to "Allow" him to choose 5 of the 16 party delegates to create the party platform. Hillary gets 7 and Wasserman-face will pick the rest because she's the slimy chairman of the national party.

On the surface it looks like they are arriving at "party unity" and it scares the crap out of me that they might be.
    As I see This:

Either Bernie is playing them for what he can get out of them for his followers.. ( a strong movement of the party to the left,)

BEFORE telling them to get ready for a third party challenge from the left. Move'm over to the left in case he loses the election...the country will still benefit from his movements efforts.

Why not just except his lost and join Hillary in defeating the Trumpet cheep?
    Well because that still leave us with the Hillary creep.

A minor point as to what they "Say" Bernie is getting here. Votes on the platform committee, which is a basic statement as to what the party stands for... nudge nudge wink wink.

So they create, collaborating on all the details and arriving at something everyone thinks is a good representation of the party's membership...or as close as they can get to that.

Then once a candidate is elected to represent the party it becomes the candidates sacred responsibility to publicly and with great show to wipe their ass with it clearing the way for... you guessed it more campaign contributions.

This is all just pro forma...the way"It", (you and me) gets done.
    As there is seldom if ever anything so "undefined" as a principle involved it usually goes down with all the afore mentioned fan fair.

Butt wiped, platform extracted and Billionaire money insert and in one or two rather messy wipes of the 'ol orifice and we are on on way to seating a new President.

The reason I thought, and still hope this year would be different is that Bernie has done what no Politician should ever do!

He took a stand. He has said

this is where I stand and I shall not move.
    For it's not politics, popularity or money...
    but principle that ROOTS me here,
    in this place
    where I will wait out the end of time
    in service to my principle..

This has ENRAGED both parties! He just had to go and pick the one thing nearly every politician can agree with as being a good and beneficial thing.... he picked that....to disagree with!

Very nearly EVERY other politician in this country adamantly believes
    That whoring for the rich is theirs to do by right of the bottom line.
    That money is the one true indication, in all circumstance, of a man or woman's worth...
    or...If your broke and need help from us,, your worthless.

This historically is the toilet- paper trail that we follow through our elections.

Bernie hasn't taken one dime
    (But Bernie, everyone does it!)
    from the big donors. He has set and broken again and again every record there is for small campaign contributions. His followers give again and again small amounts under $30,00.
    So...Where is compromise possible?
    Can he now say to me (his follower) that he's come to an agreement that makes aligning himself with the sharks the best way to patrol the beach?

That endorsing Hilary and her big money contributors whose ideas she must surly share if she takes their money...for is she does not share those ideas...why would they give enormous amounts of money to insure that "I" don't have things my way or yours.

Anyone who watched the thoroughly humiliating and demoralizing capitulation of the RNC to Trumpet will realize how difficult it is for a politician to understand this...But principle are not open to debate or compromise. Principle is a different kind of idea than they are use to mis-understanding.

One does not deal in principle. One SERVES principle. If you are not willing to bleed out your last drop of blood to see your principle come to flower...then my friend...you don't have one..

This is why a corporation can never be a person. No matter how stupid the supreme court gets. Corporations have well wiped bottom lines, not principles.

Once one finds such a principle, recognizing it as he's or her own;

One is bound. One is irrevocably chained. One can not barter, one can not equivocate, one can only serve.
    It is NOT up to the individual to say, there I've done what I could, the rest will have to wait...

Principle always comes with great urgency! Principle always demands that we act or demands that we do not. We are never given the choice...you gave up choice when you found your first principle.

There is a line in a movie
    ( know!! But movies can have such beautiful and meaningful lines! ":O}

An Oldie

"Becket"

A great man is trapped in a political mess and the king wants his head!
    Poor Becket was appointed by this king to a church position to gain the king a divorce.

He begs the king not appoint him. He knows he can take up no office that he will not fulfill with complete sincerity.
    The King, once Becket best buddy appoints him any way.
    Being a believer and and Catholic
    Becket (God Bless'em) refuses Henry the devoice.
    (Yes this all comes from English history...Becket lived!
    Such a man LIVED!!)

Becket refuses to grant the Kings divorce.

The King frames him and wants him executed.
    Beckets daughter, herself quite a remarkable being, begs her father to flee. He takes her into his arms and explains to his grow daughter with the tenderness one gives to their small children.

Para-phasing here:
    When I accepted the Kings appointment I swore an oath. I gave my word.
    When you give your word daughter, it is like you take your own soul into your cupped hands.

If you break your word a little spills out.....

Something of you is lost forever.

If you are not very very careful
    you can go though this life empty handed and lost to yourself and your God.

Becket did not flee from his principle.

Becket was executed by the King.

Becket may just have attained eternity there by..

So in fear and trembling I wait for you Bernie!
    I still hold out hope and send my empty prayers to the heavens for you Bernie .

But Bernie, You've got to come though with hands clean and full of hope for your nation.

Please don't sell us all out to gain a false peace. Better a just war than a false peace that continues our enslavement to all the evil that arises when principals are abandon.

In summation... If they take corporate and billionaire money they will never be ours! They will never sit at the same table or drink from the the same waters that we do. It's simply a matter of principle.

But hey I already knew I felt this way. I'm only telling you guys so you will share your views with me.
    Please expand my horizons! ":O}
  2. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    I actually heard of Thomas Becket recently when watching Netflix's Secrets of Great British Castles
    I think it was the Tower Of London where Becket was murdered.