1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bleached / blooming effect in assassins creed revelations

Discussion in 'Games' started by backplate101, Nov 8, 2017.

1. backplate101

backplate101 New Member

hi everyone,

so I installed assassins creed revelations in pol. everything installed fine. However one issue Ive encountered which is making me frustrated is that during gameplay whenever I use eagle-vision mode. when i X out of it the display environment turns very white almost like when you over expose an image with blooming effect. everything looks like bleached white. I can barely see anything.

so after rigorous research I discovered that this is a gpu issue (mine being nvidia gtx 1070) and that gamers were advised to switch off post effects and switch off anti-aliasing. The funny thing is when i switch these options off the bloom goes away but as soon as i switch to eagle vision it returns again.

besides this some other things i tried were:

1. installed ACR in winetricks with latest version wine staging 2.20. made no difference.
    2. tried to switch off anti aliasing in nvidia control panel to no effect.
    3. updated nvidia drivers to latest 387.xx , again no change.

in frustration i've had to resort to playing the game in windows 7 which i don't want since both assassin's creed 1, 2 and 3 worked fine in wine linux.

Has anyone experienced such an issue and found a work around cause If i suspect rightly this is an issue to do with the gpu driver rather than wine as the game in native windows 7 works fine.
  2. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Hi backplace101,
    I didn't experience this issue as far as I can remember. I had a different GPU when I was playing Revelations. Now I have a GTX 1060 and using Nvidia 384, so I wonder if I will have those same symptoms?
    Anyways, I rarely used eaglevision in any of the Assassin's games, so it wasn't much of a problem.

You shouldn't have to use Windows to play revelations...
    What version of Wine are you using?
  3. backplate101

backplate101 New Member

I actually followed your guide to installing the game and i think i used wine 1.7.6?. anyway it made no difference.

you say that you never hardy used eagle vision. However in the game there are side quests that require you to find certain captains or important individuals who are hidden. if I cant use eagle vision how will I be able to identify the targets?.

is there a way you figured out how to spot targets, if so let me know thanks
  4. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Definitely try a newer version like 2.0.3 or 2.19-staging
    I have a feeling that it worked fine for me, but I do remember a few missions that required using eagle vision.
    but like I said, I was using an older video card and older drivers.
    Sucks how some things change with updates.