1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Call of Duty 1 two Disk Install

Discussion in 'General Linux Discussion' started by booman, May 6, 2015.

1. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Normally I don't have problems with multiple-disks but this one refuses to work!
    My Call of Duty has two CD ROMs and always pops up with an "Enter Disk 2" pop-up
    But PlayOnLinux refuses to see the disk.

Here are the steps I have taken:
    1. Copy all data from both disks to a folder on the desktop (merged and/or replaced files)
    2. Copy all data from disk1 and disk2 to separate folders
    3. Mounted both folders to separate drives in Wine Configuration
    4. Copied pak files from disk2 to the folder on the desktop
    5. Mounted disk2 in Wine Config and installed from folder on desktop
    6. Moved/deleted bin folder in setup directories
    7. Checked all .ini files for configurations related to disks
    8. Researched online - Seems to be a problem for Windows as well
    9. Cancelled installation at "Enter Disk 2" and copied pak files to game folder in Program Files
    10. Copied all Disk 1 and Disk 2 files to a folder and moved to Program Files
    All attempts besides 9 & 10 resulted in "Enter Disk 2" pop-up
    9 & 10 gave me memory leak errors or crashed all together.

What other LEGAL steps could I take to insure the installer will see Disk 2 installation files?

Most games with multiple disks (Battlefield 2, Riven, LOTR Return of the King, Far Cry) can copy the data files to a folder on the desktop. Just keeping the folder structure allows the installer to see all of the necessary files to install the game.

Call of Duty is having a hard time with this.
  2. mrdeathjr28

mrdeathjr28 Active Member

Hi for this cases i use cdemu (CDEMU emulate physical unit vhba module)

PPA

In many games is needed this case pro skater 4 (normally in game check CD2), for the incredibles 1 and 2 (at play for first time after this need nocd for both), star trek elite force 2 (installer are very similar to call of duty however after this needs nocd), james bond nightfire, soldier of fortune II (installer are very similar to call of duty however after this needs nocd)

Mount CD1 image and run setup when installer ask for CD2, unmount cd image using taskbar cdemu icon (push click left on them) and mount CD2 Image (if mount appears correctly in my case XFCE show mount notification correctly), in this point game follow installation

However sometimes at finish show problems when install directx if occur this dont install directx and installer finish normally in my case

:)
  3. booman

Home page:
    MrDeathJr, I knew you would have something...
    This really isn't the solution I was looking for though, I definitely don't want to create a guide that requires a cracked executable.
    I have a legit copy of Call of Duty (and United Offensive) so there should be a way to use it without having to use a no-cd executable.

I will try your CDEMU and see if the game will install.
    Thanks
  4. mrdeathjr28

mrdeathjr28 Active Member

Not really but in your case i dont know if call of duty cd check works (nocd maybe required but no online)

However my call of duty (warchest steam version) is different than you (retail discs)

:)
  5. booman

Home page:
    I don't mind just playing singleplayer
    I just want to install the game
    Its very rare to experience a game that won't install or allow me to copy all the data to a single folder.