1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crysis 2 Maximum Edition in Proton

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Dec 4, 2020.

• by booman, Dec 4, 2020 at 1:08 AM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Its New York City, there is an epic battle to save the world from an alien threat... again! Play as a military special forces infiltrating New York but there is an attack on your entry point and you barely survive. Prophet finds your body and saves your life by sacrificing his own. Now it is up to you!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/108800/Crysis_2__Maximum_Edition/

Years ago I tested Crysis 2 with patched versions of Wine. It played fairly well on my older hardware, but there points in the game where it crashed. Eventually I crashed every time in a specific spot in the game. I gave up, but one day it will play through beautifully. Today with Proton and DirectX 10/11 support I found Crysis 2 runs perfectly! No crashing yet, and amazing performance!

Specs:
    Mint 19.3 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 1060
    Nvidia 455
    Proton 5.0-10

crysis-0.jpg crysis-1.jpg crysis-2.jpg crysis-3.jpg crysis-4.jpg crysis-5.jpg crysis-6.jpg crysis-7.jpg crysis-8.jpg crysis-9.jpg crysis-10.jpg crysis-11.jpg crysis-12.jpg crysis-13.jpg crysis-14.jpg crysis-15.jpg crysis-16.jpg crysis-17.jpg crysis-18.jpg crysis-19.jpg crysis-20.jpg crysis-21.jpg crysis-22.jpg
  • Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Dec 4, 2020.