1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Focus Special Pack on Steam this weekend

Discussion in 'Games' started by danrok, Sep 6, 2013.

1. danrok

danrok Administrator Staff Member

See the offer here:
    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/31372/

The Focus Special Pack features an amazing collection of titles:
    • Game of Thrones
    • Divinity 2: Developer's Cut
    • Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition
    • Wargame: Airland Battle
    • Cities XL Platinum
    • Farming Simulator 2013
    • Mars: War Logs
    • The Testament of Sherlock Holmes
  2. steve723

steve723 Member

I just bought Farming Simulator 2013. I'll check the WADB then I will try POL install. :)
  3. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Farming Simulator? doesn't that seem like it will be a slow game? ;)
  4. steve723

steve723 Member

I got it installed and running in POL. I looked at my Civ 5 prefix and tried deleting and recreating the Farming Simulation 2013 directory using the same settings as Civ 5. It now works. The mouse doesn’t do menu selection properly. I just have to move the mouse a little further down than the actual button until the button lights up then click to press the button. Also sometimes when I walk up to a tractor it won't let me enter. I have to walk around the tractor until the game decides to work. From what I see on Ytube it looks like if you don't watch it you get so many crops getting ripe a the same time that you have trouble keeping up! That is probably why they made a co-op mode so your friends can help you run your farm. It looks like there are just as many modes for this game as there are for Skyrim! That really raise the fun and repayable factor. Make sure you use wine 1.7.8 or higher or Steam won't work right thanks toSteam recent update. Previous versions of Steam update broke all games and the wine developers had to hurry and put out a fix.
  5. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Cool, thanks for the update.

I have found that some games with a virtual desktop of 1024x768 retain the mouse in that virtual desktop. Even if the game is fullscreen 1920x1080 the mouse is still restricted to 1024x768.
    So if this happens, resize your virtual desktop to the same resolution as your Linux desktop.

Kinda strange because I assumed if the game is fullscreen then the virtual desktop resized to match, but I guess not.