1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Future Pinball

Discussion in 'PlayOnLinux' started by Kladiator, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Kladiator

Kladiator Member

Future Pinball is a pinball simulator which allows to create and play tables, as they say on their site, in True real time 3D.
    The feeling is very realistic and some of the user created tables are perfect reproduction of the best machines ever manufactured.

Problem is, I was never able to get this game working in Wine, which was a shame, considering that this a FREE game.

A few days ago I stumbled upon this guide, which looks a little complicated and, according to sever people commenting on it, not completely successful.

Luckily on the same page a guy, using an old PlayOnLinux script which does not exist anymore, was able to create a wineprefix (wine 1.2.2) which is thankfully uploaded here.

So basically we have to do the following:
    1 download the file and extract it to the wineprefix folder of .PlayOnLinux
    2 use the tool tab of POL to install wine 1.2.2
    3 download some tables and extract them to the .PlayOnLinux -> wineprefix -> FuturePinball -> drive_c -> Games -> Tables.

Remember that you have to insert the coin (#5 on the keyboard) and press #1 to start playing!

EDIT: the download link doesn't work here and I am not able to link it directly:
    You will be able to find it among the comments.

r3dux says:
    June 23, 2013 at 10:40 pm
    This is the bottle / sandbox that was set up by PlayOnLinux while FP was supported: FuturePinball-PlayOnLinux.7z
    Hope it helps! =D
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  2. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Awesome, thanks for posting Future Pinball and how you got it to run.
    I have a "soft spot" in my heart for pinball games. I don't know why... but I've always like them.
    I have a Microsoft Pinball CD-ROM that has a bunch of very realistic tables and its really fun.
    Its old enough that I think it will run find in PlayOnLinux.

If "someone" were to request it, I wouldn't mind posting a guide... hint hint
  3. Kladiator

Kladiator Member

As I wrote, all the credit must go the the guy who uploaded the POL prefix.

Anyway I found out also that on Steam you can buy Pinball FX2, which is a sci-fi, fantasy, hi-tech evolution of this game and which works flawlessly on PlayOnLinux basically out of the box.

Pinball FX2 can be tried as a demo and if you like it, you can unlock afterwards the tables you buy.
  4. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Great! Thanks for the link...
    I'll check it out