1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hellpoint

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Jun 22, 2021.

• by booman, Jun 22, 2021 at 1:14 PM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Hellpoint is a sci-fi dark-souls-inspired hack-n-slash action exploration game.

A ship appeared from a mysterious worm-hole and every living being is dead. You were created to find out what happened in the worm-hole. Explore a creepy ship swarming with hellish creatures and robotic guardians wanting to slay you at every corner. Your character is some kind of avatar or empty shell which you control to explore the ship and find out what really happened. As you progress, your character can be fully customized with abilities, skills, armor and weapons.

https://www.gog.com/game/hellpoint

Hellpoint on GOG provides us with a native Linux version. It ran perfectly on Mint 20.1 64-bit and my GeForce GTX 1060. But I had crashing issues on Mint 19.3 64-bit and GTX 950. I'm pretty sure its related to a version of Vulkan and continue to troubleshoot the issue. I wanted to play co-op one two local computers.

Expect to die a LOT in Hellpoint. Much like Dark Souls there are very little checkpoints or save areas. When you die, you can retrieve your lost points, but all the monsters reset. Exploration is key because there are many hidden areas that lead to new area... except saves. I played for a few hours and never found another save on the first map.

Specs:
    Mint 20.1 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 1060
    Nvidia 466
    Vulkan 1.2.131

hellpoint-23.jpg hellpoint-22.jpg hellpoint-21.jpg hellpoint-20.jpg hellpoint-19.jpg hellpoint-18.jpg hellpoint-0.jpg hellpoint-1.jpg hellpoint-2.jpg hellpoint-3.jpg hellpoint-4.jpg hellpoint-5.jpg hellpoint-6.jpg hellpoint-7.jpg hellpoint-10.jpg hellpoint-13.jpg hellpoint-14.jpg hellpoint-17.jpg

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Jun 22, 2021.

1. booman
    Unfortunately the GOG version has issues with Online co-op
    I got this game for free, but I'm so glad I didn't pay for it when I really want to play co-op with my daughter. I read that the Steam version runs great, so there is suspicion that Galaxy is needed for online co-op... which of course doesn't run in Linux.

Also, I rebuilt two computers at home which have AMD CPU/GPU and a GeForce dedicated video card. This game crashed upon loading the initial level every single time. I have posted on Reddit but still no solutions.

Honestly, its way too hard in single-player as the checkpoints are so far apart that you have to re-play the same areas and kills the same minions over and over and over...
    I don't even play this game any longer.