1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm back.

Discussion in 'Random Nonsense' started by Daniel~, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    I'm terribly sorry to have been out of touch for so very long!

Who knew they didn't have phone service above 2 bars on a good day, no land line and no satellite?

So Dan and Patti went all activist on everyones ass, Patti spent 3 half days trying, The park manager went all out a half dozen other people here joined in our effort all to no avail.

Let me introduce you to Todd, my new neighbor Todd and ex-Firemen. Todd's an knowledgeable guy. Todd goes to bars where he talks to the people there

One of the people Todd got to talking to works for Centurylink. Todd explained what all everyone had tried or was trying to get service.

Lou told Todd that we had legal rights to at lest phone service. Lou told Todd that this whole thing was a bunch of shit brought on by the fact that a new cell tower was going to be put next year so everyone was dragging their feet on land lines.

Lou told Todd that Lou would fix it.

Lou fixed it today!! ":O}

I think it helped that an ex fireman explained that 3 days before a TWO HUNDRED foot wall of flame was coming our way just 10 milers from us and in the wind path.

Then it was three miles away. Then may all the Gods be thanked the rains came.

Men had been push back again and again. They came from all over the country. The feds sent pros from the corps of Engineers. The national guard turned out along with other fire fighters That were sent from states that could spare them to our needs. All of the west seemed to be ablaze spare firefighters were hard to come by.

I learned that in such a situation Fire folks come to your door and tell you to get ready to go.
    The next stage is that they ask everyone who can to leave now , but we still have a choice, after that they come and get your extremely stupid ass at risk to their lives.

At 9am they knocked on my trailer door and told me to start getting ready to go.
    smoke and ash filled our park with but a fine mist of ash, but the smoke seem to get thicker by the hour... At 3 pm they came again and told me the wind had changed three miles from my door and that we were safe for now.

Todd told me that it was now creeping along in the forest's mossy floor and would die with the winters snow.

I have sorely missed you my brothers and have more than a few stories to tell of my wilderness adventures...all experienced from my trailer park/campground home.

Elk walk thought at night. To my surprise I find myself enjoying the small (12 trailers)
    tight group who overwhelmed Patti and me with kindness and help of every kind.

Well Patti will be home soon and I'm exhausted from getting everything up and running...in a 8X8 foot space where two people have to sit as well.

Please respond with how you have all been!

for me a real ordeal has at last begun to pass and our little enterprise has moved forward into a place of safety and an extraordinary amount of beauty.
    I am well.":O}
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  2. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    I'm glad you are back safe and sound!
    Despite the dangers you were in, sounds like an adventure for sure. More exciting than anything I have been doing.
    Its nice to have a helpful neighbor as well.

Are fire common in that area?
    We have fires up north in Arizona because it gets so dry here.
  3. Daniel~

Home page:
    They use to be rather rare in comparison with today. and far smaller, easier to put out. Now... about all they can do is get people out of the way of the smoke and flames. Despite having a small army, satellite and military aid

California is no longer capable of growing new redwoods. To hot, to dry. We will have to old ones until they burn.
    they use to withstand fire quite well as their age testifies. But west coast fires now burn hotter and more fiercely.

In voting for turumpett we voted to throw away our world. Hey Trumpett voters how ya like the new tax pl;an? Boy! Is he ever looking out for you!

Well you at lest ensured that stupid will always have a place in our dying world!
  4. Daniel~

Home page:
    An old Chinese Curse:
    "May you live and interesting life."