1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just bought my first Humble Bundle

Discussion in 'Games' started by graywolf.theheathen, Dec 15, 2013.

1. graywolf.theheathen

graywolf.theheathen Member

Scored 9 games and soundtracks. :D 3 native Linux, most of the others I'll probably be able to get working with PoL. I'll be checking the Humble Bundle site often from now on.

Natural Selection 2, Sanctum 2 and Magicka with "Vietnam" and "Dungeons and Daemons" DLC. Orcs Must Die!, Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack, Sanctum: Collection, Garry’s Mod, Cities in Motion 2 and Serious Sam 3: BFE!
  2. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Great!
    I know for sure Serious Sam 3: BFE runs in Linux... you need a pretty beefy video card to get all the eye candy!
    Magicka should run, but requires Steam. I have to re-test it with Wine 1.7.8 since that is the only Wine version that currently runs Steam.
    But Magicka did run with a few tweaks and some crashing. After that it ran perfectly!
    I'm pretty sure Sanctum 2 will run because its a Unreal Development Kit game.
    UDK mostly runs fine in PlayOnLinux.

Orcs Must Die and Cities In Motion I'm not sure about.
    Feel free to post your bugs or problems
  3. dem

dem Member

There is a new HB now, all games linux native.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Personaly, I will buy linux native bundles only for now. I bought one (almost) only windows bundle a few months ago, and never had any game running correctly with POL or wine. So I continue gaming...But supporting linux native only. ;)
  4. graywolf.theheathen

graywolf.theheathen Member

I will buy it if at least some are Linux native. Like the one I bought it was worth it for Serious Sam 3 alone. But I also know Magicka will work in PoL and I have been having fun with it too. So it was worth it. This current bundle I will have to watch and see what other games they might add in. As it stands right now none of those titles interest me.
  5. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Yeah, me too.
    I love the Origin bundle and some of the Steam bundles.
    I rarely get the indie bundles because a lot of the games are retro and platform genre's
    Not too interested in those.
    graywolf.theheathen likes this.