1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NBA2k15 work wine

Discussion in 'Games' started by batmanm0b1e, Mar 11, 2018.

1. batmanm0b1e

batmanm0b1e Active Member

I would really like for NBA2K15 to work in wine if you know how to get to work. Or what i have to do i have the game in steam. Thanks for your help
  2. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Hey Batman,
    Looks like NBA 2K14 runs ok in Wine, but not 2015

You can try to test it yourself, just follow any of our Steam guides and just name the virtual drive: nba2k15
    Then use Wine 3.3 or Wine 2.21-staging for your tests.

I recommend installing the following packages:
    • corefonts
    • dxfullsetup
    • vcrun2010
    • vcrun2012
    • tahoma
    You might need dotnet but I'm not sure which version. One thing you can do is download the game and then check the game folder for directories like:
    • Redist
    • System
    Or look for a .vdf file that will tell you which packages are needed for the game.
  3. batmanm0b1e

booman

"You need dotnet40 for the store to work in steam WINE" Without dotnet store does not work comes up with steamwebhelper error"

so i had to install it
  4. booman

Home page:
    Ok, good. you might get some errors about it not finding something. You can ignore those errors.
    Also, you can fix the "steamwebhelper" by adding the -no-cef-sandbox argument in our Steam guides.
    That will fix the crashing as long as you set Windows to Windows XP. But, of course, NBA2K15 might not run in Windows 7.

Here is a screenshot of a vdf file for example
    installscript.vdf

vdf_file.png
  5. batmanm0b1e

Thanks, booman! there wasn't even a .vdf file for nba2k15. But i looked in here and went _commonRedist and it said what it required. This game must be run in 64bit prefix also. its only 64bit game.

nba2k15 works awesome i want to post the guide here because nobody seems to have one out! How do you take your screenshots when running the game. also how do you take them for listing playonlinux libraries

Screenshot from 2018-03-14 04-25-06.png
  6. booman

Home page:
    Really? It runs?
    That is GREAT!

We would love for you to do a guide on NBA 2K15... here are the basic guidelines:
    http://www.gamersonlinux.com/forum/threads/guide-process-list.893/

You can take screenshots by pressing PrtScn (printscreen) button on your keyboard. They automatically go to your "Pictures" folder.

Also, you won't be able to post in the "Guides" forum, so just post it in PlayOnLinux forum here and I'll move it:
    http://www.gamersonlinux.com/forum/forums/guides.20/

Also, since you are doing a Steam guide, you don't have to include all the steps of installing Steam. Just follow one of our steam guides as a model.

You will have a limit of 50 images in one post too. This is why I sometimes add screenshots in a second post.

Let me know if you need any help.
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018