1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online Games

Discussion in 'Games' started by Aremis, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Aremis

Aremis Member

I'm going to do a series of guides for random games that no one here most likely plays that I always played when I was younger.

Starting with combat arms.

I hate combat arms but I am going to do a guid for it despite all that.

If there are other online games you like then let me know I will make a guide for it.

I will also be doing a guide set for just random nexon games. No one likes Nexon. Hell I don't even like Nexon. Though they do have the credit system down. You can pay for items, or you can play the god damned game. I respect them for that much :p

A number of games will be done:

CA
    Maple Story
    Some random MMORPG they made once

Also some guides for MMO's. I love MMO's.

If you want to see a guide for a game but you're too lazy to make one, make me do it.
  2. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    At first I thought you meant flash games and facebook games...
    But you are referring to MMO's only correct?
    There are a few other Perfect Entertainment (ARC) games I haven't tried yet...
    Like Champions Online
    I also haven't had a chance to try Rift either.
    One game I always wanted to play was Sony's Free Realms, but it appears to be dead now: Sony News
    That really sucks too!

I can't imagine all the games on Facebook and MMO's that are finished working games and no longer available.
    One of the reasons gaming has been around so long is because we can play all of those old DOS games and 90's games on today's computers.
    Those online games may never see the light-of-day again. I wish someone would make them play offline or in a LAN so we can continue playing them on our own.

Totally wasted development, programming and art.
  3. Aremis

Aremis Member

I mean online only multiplayer games. MMO's sure, but a lot of different ones.

WOW, maple story, combat arms, you name it.
  4. Daerandin

Daerandin Well-Known Member

Home page:
    It is good that you like online games. I don't like online games, so having someone here who like doing it is definitely a plus.
    mrdeathjr28 and Aremis like this.
  5. booman

Home page:
    Exactly, I only like a few MMO's but there are so many and a lot of them are free as well.
    One way to get gamers in Linux is to show them how to install and play some free games. Its a good experiment because they didn't have to waste any money and can demo Linux and some games to see if they like Linux.
    Aremis likes this.
  6. comof2014

comof2014 New Member

What kind of games do your children like to play? My daughter loves puzzles https://www.skywardgames.com/category/puzzle (I love them myself, but I rarely play). I think that children should be allowed to play a little from time to time
  7. booman

Home page:
    My daughters love Animal Jam. Its completely free and you have a parent account to manage your kids account and chat features. Then you can purchase a membership and your kids can get a lot of stuff, events and in-game treats.
    Its flash based, so it runs find in Linux Google Chrome as long as your flash is updated which is normally updated automatically in Chrome.