1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Open Source Initiative bans co-founder, Eric S Raymond

Discussion in 'News' started by ThunderRd, Jul 15, 2020.

• by ThunderRd, Jul 15, 2020 at 9:06 AM
  • ThunderRd

ThunderRd Irreverent Query Chairman Staff Member

Home page:
    I thought this was newsworthy, and a bit scary. I found out about it just today, although the news is a few months old.

https://lunduke.com/posts/2020-03-9-b/
  • Categories: Uncategorized

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by ThunderRd, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Daniel~
    Question

If I were to decide that you, Gizmo, Boo and Danrok.
    Were detrimental to he way i think we should go and (If I could) fire you all,

How long would it take my fancy view of me and my position to completely destroy myself?

My guess wold be that Linux will reorganize it self around those who can continue in the work of creating usable Linux.

further I think that any time Linus wants to plant a new flag the nation of Linux will rise up around it.

BTW

I'm not at all sure how my world view will survive when put up against reality. So let's call my post wishful thinking.

Thanks TR I'm in no position to be indifferent to the fate of those who gave me EVERYTHING.and asked for nothing in return.
  2. Gizmo
    Fascism comes in a lot of forms. The truly insidious ones look perfectly reasonable on their surface.

Of course, this is true of pretty much all forms of evil. We take something that starts out innocently enough, and then corrupt it into something frightening, and most of the time we don't even realize what we've done until we're brought up short by the mackerel smacking us in the face.
  3. Daniel~
    Oh! well said Gizmo! LOL