1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some interesting NSA facts

Discussion in 'News' started by ThunderRd, Jun 23, 2013.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by ThunderRd, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Gizmo
    Here's one of the things I find interesting: they keep referring to U.S. "persons". What is a "U.S. Person"? Is that a U.S. Citizen? Is that someone residing in the U.S.? Is that someone from the U.S.? Is that someone visiting the U.S.?

I can't believe that phrasing was chosen by accident. With these people, you have to assume that they have chosen specific ways of saying things for a reason.
  2. danrok
    I wouldn't be surprised if it includes people who have never set foot in the USA, someone who has a Gmail or Facebook account for example.
  3. Daniel~
    We are now threatening Putin if he doesn't hand Snowden over... is it just me or are we beginning to sound like North Korea.... hysterical and very shrill?

If Obama and the NSA had half a brain they’d shut the hell up about Snowden... Have they forgotten that other nations are listening to what we are saying and may not agree that the U.S. of A. has the right to spy on EVERYONE not American!?
  4. danrok
    All nations spy on others, that's not exactly news. If I were a world leader I'd expect that people would be trying to spy on me 24/7, and would take appropriate care. It goes with the job.

But spying on 100s of millions of ordinary citizens is a freaky activity. The scope for corruption and abuse is massive, and the abuse will happen, same as it always does.
  5. Daniel~
    And sooner or later that difference is going to sing in with people!
  6. danrok
    The funny thing is we had the UK government grilling and prosecuting people over the phone hacking scandal where "journalists" had snooped on the phones of a few hundred celebrities.

Meanwhile, the very same government has a huge complex for hacking every one in the country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GCHQ
  7. Daniel~
    And it won't stop until We the people make it stop. That seems a ways off...sigh