1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terminator Resistance in PlayOnLinux

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Jul 16, 2021.

• by booman, Jul 16, 2021 at 2:13 PM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Terminator Resistance is yet another chapter in the epic story of a post apocalyptic world ruled by robots. This time you join a resistance in a war torn world, looting, crafting, sneaking and cleverly taking down machines to survive. First impressions are comparing Rage and Fallout series as the game is fairly linear but full of story, NCPs and exploration.

https://www.gog.com/game/terminator_resistance

I've only played a few hours at this point, but it runs pretty well with all the settings on epic and 1920x1080 on my GeForce GTX 1060. There is a base I arrived at and it started to slow down considerably, but still playable. When going out to explore it runs perfectly. This is an Unreal Engine made game so it required vcrun 2019 and Media Foundation installed. I had to skip some of the intro scenes, but in-game cutscenes ran fine.

Specs:
    Mint 20.1 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 1060
    Nvidia 460
    PlayOnLinux 4.3.4
    Wine 6.3-staging 64-bit
    Vulkan 1.9.0

terminator-24.jpg terminator-23.jpg terminator-22.jpg terminator-21.jpg terminator-19.jpg terminator-17.jpg terminator-16.jpg terminator-15.jpg terminator-14.jpg terminator-13.jpg terminator-12.jpg terminator-11.jpg terminator-9.jpg terminator-7.jpg terminator-6.jpg terminator-5.jpg term-12.jpg
    term-11.jpg
    term-10.jpg
    term-9.jpg
    term-8.jpg
    term-7.jpg
    term-6.jpg
    term-4.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2021

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Jul 16, 2021.