1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Taming of Cyberspace?

Discussion in 'Random Nonsense' started by ThunderRd, Aug 22, 2013.

• by ThunderRd, Aug 22, 2013 at 1:14 PM
  • ThunderRd

ThunderRd Irreverent Query Chairman Staff Member

Home page:
    Far more important than *random nonsense*, this is an essay by Ferdinand Thommes, known on the Internet as 'devil', the lead visionary for Siduction Linux.

Things are not going to get any better any time soon. I call it the 'taming of cyberspace', and I hope it never comes to be. This hits home with me in particular, because for many years I was required to use PGP encryption on a daily basis to protect the sensitivity of the data I handled, and Phil Zimmerman is one of my personal heroes. Read the underlined links in devil's post to get a background if you aren't familiar with this stuff.

Essay here:
    http://news.siduction.org/2013/08/ladies-and-gents-roll-up-your-pants-the-shits-getting-deep/

Please sound off here. This cuts to the core of what we value; is it important to you?
    steve723 likes this.
  • Categories: Uncategorized

Comments

Discussion in 'Random Nonsense' started by ThunderRd, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Gizmo
    This is a symptom, not the problem. IMO, it is indicative of a larger sickness in American culture. We have convinced ourselves that we are not responsible for ourselves, or our actions, and that the government will take care of everything for us. To that end, we have surrendered our freedom in return for security; security of person, security of possession, security of provision. How can we possibly be surprised at the outcome? "They tell sweet lies, and we listen with rapt attention."

Until we are willing to once again take responsibility for ourselves, and care about each other, this will not change.