1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very slow mouse speed on Hexxeh Chromium build using VMWare

Discussion in 'General Linux Discussion' started by adamjohnson, Feb 14, 2017.

1. adamjohnson

adamjohnson New Member

I wanted to try ChromeOS so I recently downloaded one of the Hexxeh Vanilla Chromium builds. This was one of the recent builds and I downloaded the VMWare version since I run the newest version of VMWare Fusion on my Mac Pro. Fortunately it seems to be working fine except for one thing. The mouse is VERY slow. Sadly it's so slow that it's really hard to even use it at all. I have looked at the settings for VMWare Fusion but don't see a setting to change this mouse speed. I also looked at the mouse speed setting on ChromeOS and it was in the middle speed but I moved it to the fastest. This increased the mouse speed very little if any.
    Any idea how I can fix this? This is a relatively new build and I know many people are using it so I assume there is a way to increase the speed. Thanks!
  2. Kaitain

Kaitain Active Member

3. Gizmo

Gizmo Chief Site Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    Another blatant ripoff post from CNET. User banned.
  4. ThunderRd

ThunderRd Irreverent Query Chairman Staff Member

Home page:
    Lolz, is this a new trend or something?

PS. I'm going to ban Kaitain if he responds to another one of those. :)

Or I might just take a walk up to Korea and buy him a beer.
  5. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    AdamJohnson has posted several times in our form with legitimate questions. So even if this is a post from CNET it seems legitimate.
  6. Gizmo

Gizmo Chief Site Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    Take a look at the threads this user has started. NONE of them have been responded to by this user. In addition if you take the first couple of lines of text from each thread and Google it, you will find it posted elsewhere VERBATIM, in some cases YEARS earlier.

Finally, take a look at this thread, which you responded to, Booman: https://www.gamersonlinux.com/forum/threads/what-was-your-favorite-gta-game.1943/

I think you'll find it amusing. :)
  7. Kaitain

Kaitain Active Member

Yeah, very embarrassing, I forgot to do the Google-test before responding. Wrist duly slapped and all that ;)

I'm only in Korea for two more weeks... not sure who will be replacing me over here, yet, because with all that's going on at home, I'm not all that interested in a repeat performance.

Here's hoping one day there'll be an assignment in the Land of Smiles though...