Wolcen in Proton

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Jul 8, 2023.

• by booman, Jul 8, 2023 at 5:19 PM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem is an action RPG much like Grim Dawn-meets-Diablo 3-meets-Warhammer 40K Chosbane. Traditionally its is a top down looting, melee, projectile, magic slaying monsters game, but once you level up... there are a lot of features to choose from.
    • Skill Tree
    • Special Abilities
    • Character Stats

For the most part, Wolcen ran really well in Proton. There were a few instances where our character started moving really slowly and couldn't attack. But it was so infrequent we didn't research how to fix it. Probably something to do with bandwidth or ping speeds.

Honestly Wolcen was much to easy for my wife and I playing in co-op. We were able to connect over Steam and play the same campaign, which is pretty long... but there was a sever update which completely removed all of our skill tree selections. As a reward for this unfortunate event, they gave us both 400K coins which meant we could purchase anything we wanted. So much for looking forward to new armor, weapons, rings and gems. Its not a travesty, but we ended up finish the game quicker than expected. The bosses were still hard, but most of the minions were simply slayable in seconds.

Specs:
    Mint 21.1 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 1650
    Nvidia 530
    Proton Experimental
  • Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Jul 8, 2023.

1. booman
    My wife and I were able to complete the entire game in Proton!