1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newest CPU's from AMD and Intel Win 10 ONLY?

Discussion in 'Random Nonsense' started by cloasters, Sep 2, 2016.

Comments

Discussion in 'Random Nonsense' started by cloasters, Sep 2, 2016.

1. cloasters
    Reminds me of an utterance by Stewie in an early "Family Guy" episode:

"But I thought the fat one would perish," said Stewie, very unhappily. Referring to his complete idiot of a father.

Watching MS perish beneath the great weight of its greed will be lovely. Sadly, the un-generous Mr Gates will probably live forever. With trillions available for the best doctors on the planet his greedy self will probably outlive all of us.

I don't know why but I've always disliked Apple, ever since the little boxes that all of the banks seemed to have on their manager's desks. They seemed to be the apex of tight buttishness, a little expensive box with a tiny monitor.
  2. loggfreak
    this article is misleading, intel is not dropping linux support anytime soon, microsoft just doesn't support older versions of windows on newer processor architectures, that's all, the article you posted only looks at windows, not linux
  3. cloasters

Sho you right! Some articles in Slashdot overreach a bit in the interest of sensationalism. They gotta sell eyeball bait.
  4. Daniel~
    Hmmmm....Bill living forever in the world he helped create...seems fair to me...":O}
  5. cloasters
    Come to think of it, I recently read that Win7 is still very popular. Isn't it nice that MS partnered with Intel to help make the older and more popular forms of Windows obsolete on the latest processors?

Bill and us together forever in the moonlight. Thanks Bill. What a guy!
    By golly Dan, you nailed it!
  6. Gizmo
    Hey loggfreak! Glad to have you join us!

You might have missed it but I had pretty well already covered that in a previous post in this thread. However, it's good to have another viewpoint that matches mine, LOL.