1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The state of our nation

Discussion in 'Random Nonsense' started by Daniel~, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    Putin's Poodle, Putin's puppet, who could imagine we would be here now? Me I did. I've never encountered a more transparent pervert in my life.

It's been almost impossible for me to grasp that so many think this ass hat is a leader.

A more compromised traitor is hard to imagine. A more pathological liar equally so.

This man is by almost any definition a monster, a molester,a thief and life time criminal who was stupid enough to bring his past into the light and under scrutiny.

12 Russians under indictment and he swears there was no collusion
    Collusion hell this is pure treason..

5 of his top aid pleading guilty and turning states evidence. 7 more under indictment.

Trump is going down he was always far to stupid to pull off being Putin's puppet.
    Only question is how much of our institutions will be left.

Are you guys following the news? What do think?
  2. Gizmo

Gizmo Chief Site Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    Much as it galls me to say it, Trump has not committed treason, as defined by the Constitution. Neither has Hillary (much as it galls me to say that, also).

I certainly do think, however, that what he has done rises to 'High crimes and misdemeanors' which is grounds for impeachment and removal from office.

Here's the problem, as I see it:
    A sizable portion of the American people feel (rightly or wrongly) like they are personally being attacked by the Democrat/Republican party every day. This is reinforced by the way social media works, ensuring that people only have contact with their 'echo chambers' which strengthen their particular world views.

So long as that reality exists, people will continue to support Trump, just as they continued to support Hillary. The facts of the situation don't matter. What matters is that 'their person' is being attacked.

We have developed a 'siege mentality' on all sides of the political spectrum, which is preventing proper discussion and reason.
  3. Daniel~

Home page:
    I beg to differ! LOL

He has given aid and comfort to the enemy. Every move he has made helps Russia and hurts the US and her allies. But legally the charge of treason is almost non-existent.

But as he is a lifelong career criminal under investigation in several states as well as Muller's probe
    I fail to see how this ends well for him.

People don't have to like a conviction, once the court decieds, your convicted.

I confess I never expected him to last this long I really overestimated the intelligence of Republicans
    ad their commitment to the laws of this country.
    Manafort's trial starts this week. He must be crazy to take this to trial. Should be something of an eye opener.
    'i know all the best people."
  4. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

It's impossible for me to not dislike Trump with a passion. The sob does something new every minute to hurt little people.
    Yet I'm not certain what his crimes against the state are. No doubt that his crimes against humanity scream loudly for punishment that he will notice.

Mueller was an entrapment artist when he used to work for the FBI. While entrapment and a host of other crimes against the little people came to be considered legal I am po'ed enough against just about all trappings of the present so called state to have great disrespect for just about all of it.

I'm not pro -Democrat or pro- Republican. The majority of all the politicians in Washington DC are CROOKS. Pure and simple.
    Mainstream media REFUSES to address any of the real great problems we face. Because they are also crooks in the pocket of the moneyed interests.

Money talks loudly while the real people nearly scream in pain and outrage. The "folks who matter" can't hear a whisper of pain from the little people. Money talks too loudly.
  5. Daniel~

Home page:
    I don't know where you get your new George, I watch CBS, NBC, ABC. Reuters and occasionally Aljaeeria (SP?) and SKY. I watch the news as a matter of routine and hate week ends for it's lack of fresh news.
    I'm not in lest concerned that I'm not being informed about every aspect that can be known.

Here's what I see reported on a nightly bases.

Global climate change and it's effects, mostly it's effects, much more attention should be paid to it's cause, but cause has not been left in doubt.
    The world burning. Today Greece is burning out of control. Many and large parts of the US are burning.
    The world is flooding. Natures efforts to throw us off the coasts has begun...world wide.

Mass murders in Toronto,Syria,USA, Iraq, and Israel.
    Manafort' trial after several delays starts next
    week. My guess is that the Russians have terrified him into accepting a life sentence...we shall see.

Trump has committed high crimes according to every news source I watch. We wait now only for Mueller to present his evidence.

I am fully aware of Mueller methods and would like to state my compete respect and support for those methods. There is no such thing as a purgery trap. It's not a trap if all one must do to escape it is tell the truth. A person is sworn in under penalty of law. If they are guilty and lie to the courts they incur further penaltys.

Mueller starts with the low hanging fruit, cases he knows he can win. When the defendant gets a look at the future Bob is offering them they rat out there fellow rats. When one is dealing with wide spread conspiracy
    and a concerted effort by an organized group to hide the truth this can be the only way to get at the truth.

If they lie for or against the prosecution they lose their deal and everything that they have said under oath can and will be used against them. This is a time worn method prosecutors have use forever.

Just that very few are as good at it as Mueller.

If I can be said to have a friend in all this mess it's the FBI and Bob Muller.

I'm fully aware of who owns the news I watch. I don't make my decision on who to follow by gauging who owns them. I decide on the basis of personal experience with a given sources.

Not everything that I would like news on is covered, but what is covered has in my experience is factually accurate or as close to it as they can get at any given point in time.

I see coverage of the Student moments on guns, on the women's moment to change everything (God love 'em!)

On our schools and their deterioration. Reports of pollution, Murder and kidnapping.
    Reports on Hubble. Reports on Tesla, China Russia and the EU.

So what isn't being covered is likely due to lack of interest. I can't blame media for that. If we won't watch it what good does it do them to produce it.

George you have a terrible habit of tarring everything with the same brush. I don't believe I'm getting all the news. Nor do I believe that it's being deliberately held back from me.
    When we discredit the news we lose our ability to establish fact. And that is the sole and aim of the Trumppett forces.

Muller is establishing fact beyond denial. Mueller has turned just about everyone not named "Manaforte the stupid". Mueller has "farmed out" many of his cases to local state offices so that removing him would have little effect on going investigations and trials.

Mueller is a man worth watching.

peace out ":O}
  6. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Love to leave this blank, but can't. Political arguments should be avoided at the dinner table. Enough said.
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  7. Daniel~

Home page:
    You must do as you think best. But I'll miss your input.":O}
  8. Daniel~

Home page:
    News flash!
    A federal DC judge just gave the go ahead to DC AG to sue Trumpy for numerous violations of the Emoluments clause in our constitution. Which basically states that no elected official may receive gifts of any kind from any King or foreign government. There is another AG who was joined in the DC AG prosecutor.

They successfully argued before the court that this clause prohibits the president from seeking or gaining any monetary or political advantages or favors while in office.

What does this mean?
    Daniel cannot prevent a chuckle from passing his lips.":O}

This means that every foreign dignitary that has stayed at a Trump hotel can now be brought before the court to give sworn testimony. (Under oath) This means we get a look at trumpys taxes. trumps lawyers fought llke mad against this ruling and lost. The AG's suite will now go forward.
  9. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

This---I like!
  10. danrok

danrok Administrator Staff Member

I struggle to see how that case has any chance of success.

Following their logic it would mean that if a foreign politician bought Obama's autobiography whilst he was in power, he would have also been in violation. I'm sure 1000s of them did buy his book.

And, they're quoting stuff from a 1776 proclamation made by George Washington a slave owner?

We were still burning witches at that time.

I think they're just getting desperate.
  11. Daniel~

Home page:
    Someone put the mad dog on a leash. Trumpet just folded on his "Tariff wars are fun"
    The idiot put the farm belt on a "Let's all go broke supporting trumps tariffs footing.

For some reason our Midwest farmers didn't want to end up burning our crops as has happened frequently in the bad old days of American tariffs.

On the other hand Trumpy was pried lose from his self aggrandizing next meeting with Putin until after the mid terms...or never depending on how the elections go.
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  12. Daniel~

Home page:
    Here 's the thing. Every other recent pres. has put his wealth in a blind trust or divested himself or it.. This would allow someone to buy Obama's book without Obama's knowing who if anyone has done so. This puts his income beyond the possibility of bribery.

Trumpy refuses to do this.

Trump has has openly solicited moneys. The main thing this will do is open his finances to public scrutiny. This means his Russian finances which he swore he did not have and most certainly does.
    This gives us another money trail to follow.

This could be very serious as far as Trumpets legal situation.

As far as the antiquity of the statue goes, I think it far more important that almost no Americans
    want our president receiving anything from a foreign power.

Once it became a part of our constitution it became settled law and a death trap for crooked presidents and all other elected office holders.

Personally I'd rather have him straight up tried for treason. And I think we will almost certainly get there.

But this is a lovely start.":O
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  13. Daniel~

Home page:
    Mueller is the man!LOL
    Mueller's grand jury just convened to subpoena Wiessilburg (SP)
    The top financial officer in the Trump organization. Been together since Trumps crooked father was in charge.
    Everyone around this says that he knows EVERYTHING.

The NY Times says that this signals the end of Muller's patience. That this is the one thing old Mr big shot said he would draw the line on;That "He" would never permit. looking into his finances.

Imagine me telling a prosecutor where I draw the line in his investigation of me!

So this is Muller's straight shot across the bow of Trump's fantasy of dictatorial rule.
    He WILL be brought before the law and frankly, he's done everything humanly possible to piss off anyone anywhere near to deciding these issues. The corrupt FBI the fake news media, the biased judges he's slandered them all repeatedly and without let. He has forced the resignation of good men that they happened to respect.

Mueller has also restated his desire to interview Trumpy personally.

Trumpy says he's not afraid to do that...
    if Muller promises not to ask any questions about obstruction of justice...
    I kid you not!
    In my view there's enough in the public record to convict on obstruction of justice as a pattern of behavior for this clown faced ass hat.
    And he just happens to be one sloppy stupid criminal. Obstruction of justice has no requirement that it take place in secret...shame trumpy doesn't seem to understand that his tweets will be entered into evidence.

NY Times thinks that Mueller is about to begin his counter attack.

The hallmark of Muller prosecutions is that he makes no claims he cannot prove on paper or through direct testimony.

He leaves little wiggle room for a jury. Air tight. Muller knows what he is up against politically and legally.

If he is at last stepping into the arena it's because he has satisfied himself that he knows exactly what went down and can prove it in a court of law. Thought this may not go to trial. he has the option of handing everything he has over to the US AG Rosenstine. Who himself has an option of bringing the case to the courts or handing it over to congress with a recommendation to impeach or no or even without comment if he wishes.

Everyone pretty much thinks that he will turn his work into Rosenstine...I'm not so sure.

The reason this is even in question is that we do not have settled law on how, when or if we can prosecute a sitting president. Why this is a question is beyond me! Consider if we can't. Trump could shoot or ordered shot everyone who opposes him.

No one CAN stand above the law in a democracy. or it's the end of that democracy. It immediately becomes a dictatorship.

The legislative branch is not a suitable venue to settle questions of law and practice.
    I still think there's a chance he brings this to trial. Which means going before the supremes and asking them to settle the question of presidential prosecution.

If the supremes go against him he loses nothing and can still exercise his other option with the AG.

I think Muller will want to take at lest one shot at this man who defamed the organization he gave his life to.

well...so there's that...":O}
  14. Daniel~

Home page:
    We see this much the same.
    Everyone is calling this a polarization and I don't think it is. Yes, approximately 40 % of the electorate decided to sacrifice every principle they ever "Claimed" to have. In politics, religion and common decency.

The decided they wanted a pussy grabbing racis, an anti-woman pig they wouldn't want their kids to spend a moment of time with. Now they have him...and big surprise, all that's saving us is his gross incompetence and criminal nature.

What in God's name made them think he gave 2 cents what happens to them.? There is nothing in his past to indicate that he does.Yet now they have some one who speaks for them..how nice.

There's nothing to be done but await the unavoidable humiliation that will fall upon them.
    I doubt they will ever admit their mistake...most of them are still waiting for the south to arise again.

So we can once more endure the worst economic climate ever seen in this country for poor white men.

This is just brain dead laziness. to doped up to even know who there friends are. Yes Drug problem usage tracks with states that supported trumpty...kinda explains a few things don't it.

This guy is killing our nation and all they care about is controlling women's bodies and hurting the immigrants
    we stole a good deal of our territory from. New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, California ever wonder who named these states? ":O}

As I grow older I seem to have less and less patience with willful stupidity.

I see this as a republican temper fit. They lost. In 2020 we will cease to be the white majority and will at last understand what this country was always suppose to be. An amalgamation of humanity where racism goes to die.
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  15. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

B-b-b-but the Mumps is an American hero! Why must there be truth to this in the "minds" of some? The only thing that worries me about Trump being kicked out of office is... Pence. The man is a cave-man Christian of the worst sort. This means not a real Christian, but a faux one of the very worst kind. All in MHO.

Ugh, Pence along with the presnit make my skin crawl. Who's next after Pence? Paul Ryan--that wonderful human being who hates the poor with a passion. And he's proud of it.
  16. Daniel~

Home page:
    Maybe we can ask Putin to slow Trumpy's roll. If he's just half as nice as Trumpy says he is.... For the moment Putin has won.

But he's is in fact a short sighted fool. Once we rid ourselves of traitors we will come for Putin. We can and will ruin Russia.
    The next thing we will have to deal with will be those congressmen and senators who like trumpy sought Russian help to gain office. We know of at lest one, I think there may be many.

Russia really should take a closer look at American history. We are not a forgiving people.

Look at what we did in southeast Asia...and the South East Asia counties never did a thing to us.

I think it likely that when someone says the name Putin 5 years from now the response will be...

"Putin who?"

Putin's power comes from the oligarchy. When they start losing money hand over fist because of our sanctions, putin's support will melt away.

Let us hope that the Russian people can at long last win a revolution and become a country the world can admire.
  17. Daniel~

Home page:
    Pence:
    I'm sure he tried, but I can't see Trumpy letting him close if he hasn't compromised him.
    So I think it likely he will be cut down with the rest of the grass.

At lest that's my hope. If not we can (If we gain a majority) impeach his holy roller ass.
    Trump ALAWYS dirties those around him, it keeps him safe...to a point, then it convicts him.
  18. Kaitain

Kaitain Active Member

While it might not seem germane to the discussion, if I can slide in a little something on the reading list, if you have the time, do read Factfulness by Hans Rosling (it's cheaper on Kindle):

Of course that's not to say that the USA (as with all countries) isn't beset with problems, but most of them aren't something the leader's going to fix. He might make the legislative environment more or less conducive to improvement, but short of actively murdering his populations (per the destructive leaders Rosling mentioned), he's not really going to undo all the good work you've done to date in the time he as left.

You've only got to put up with him for 2 years more plus change, and for all that he's made a lot of noise, his actual achievements have been very limited in scope. A reformer he ain't!

Just do better next time, huh? And we Brits will try to do the same...

Attached Files:

19. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

The Dems lost the 2016 election because they had nothing to offer. The DNC still has nothing to offer. Talk about an oligarchy!
    Rather than address their catalog of shortcomings--the worst one is that they care about the rich and not one iota for the poor, they began chanting "Russia, Russia, Russia!"

Worse still---it's working. All "Russia, Russia, Russia!" All of the time.

Americans should take a closer look at American history. Too many folks know next to nothing.

I'll leave it at that.
  20. Daniel~

Home page:
    It's the lest we owe one another. What does he say about cultures that abdicate there minds in favor of their emotions? That seems to be the problem this side of the pond.