1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video on demand - which do you currently use?

Discussion in 'Random Nonsense' started by Smart1, Jul 11, 2018.

1. danrok

danrok Administrator Staff Member

The Marvel stuff is good. Some of the best writers work in comic books, they seem to have more creative minds than some writers who work on the stuff for grown-ups!
  2. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    If there's blood and bullets I'm there!
    (Do I need to proffer apologies now?)
  3. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

I highly recommend "Deadpool" on Netflix. It's from Marvel. I liked "Jessica Jones" a lot, another Marvel on Neflix offering.

Plenty of bullets and quite sanguineous as well.
  4. Daniel~

Home page:
    Deadpool, God yes! Funny as they come for me I like lots of black in my humor."LOL
  5. Gizmo

Gizmo Chief Site Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    I spent the first 5 minutes of that movie laughing so hard I nearly wet myself.

I second Jessica Jones as well. Luke Cage is not bad. I've tried a couple of times to watch Black Lightning (used to love that comic as a kid) but I just can't get into it.
  6. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Personally, the second season of "Luke Cage" is not a must watch.
  7. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

The opening credits of "Deadpool" are hilarious. And so often most true as well.
  8. Daniel~

Home page:
    I liked the basic concept of Jessica. Always great to see Dr Who again":O}
    I've just never been of fan of the whole hero in chains bit. I my heroes to unfettered rather than subdued.

I realize that my preferences fly in the face of reality, but isn't that what fiction is for?
  9. Daniel~

Home page:
    I think Marvel is beginning to spread herself to thin. To many projects, not enough first rate writers.
    A lot of their recent releases have been less than they began with.
    Disney fired the director of Guardians of the Galaxy , I don't remember what the issue was. But the entire cast and a lot of Hollywood greats have and are protesting his departure and are signing petitions to have him reinstated as the Director of G.G.111.

I thought that G.G 2 was a small step down from the original, but still fairly entertaining, mostly because Root was irrepressibly funny. But as we're talking light entertainment I can't see complaining to much about what was made to make us laugh. After all it did make me laugh! ":O}
  10. Gizmo

Home page:
    Yeah, the whole 'hero with angst' thing is really trendy right now.

I mean, I get that it makes them a bit more human and relatable, and they should have adversity to overcome, etc., etc., but that's why they have those arch enemies!

Personally, I watch a movie to be entertained; I want to ESCAPE from reality, not be REMINDED of it.

Besides, our heros are supposed to inspire us; to make us want to be better than we are. I don't need to be reminded of the fact that I suck as a human being; I already know that. I want to believe that there's hope for me, if only for a little while.
  11. Gizmo

Home page:
    There's a thing going on; as far as I can tell it started with some far left wing nut jobs targeting some far right wing nut jobs, but it has now escalated to the point that whether you're left, right, or center, if you say something that upsets someone, you can count on a concerted twitter campaign to attempt to destroy you.

We are so busy ripping each other apart for the slightest thing that we forget that if we don't figure out how to live together, the universe is going to decide it is better off without us.
  12. Daniel~

Home page:
    Maybe they need me.. Tough they should have been nicer to me in 2nd grade! LOL

"The superior man goes only into his own domain."

I am not their business and they are not mine.
    If that changes they will show up here and we can teach them the good manners they so sorely need..":O}

We began both our sites with a strong foundation of civility. Civility conveys the respect we have for one
    another and prevents excess. We can criticize and thereby help one another because we are civil.

Any attempt to criticize without civility only injures those we would help. if help is what's intended, then civility should be your calling card.

Let's face book it. Facebook is entertainment for the masses. For the masses the general flow of things is just fine.
    The real truth is that nobody has ever been able to do to much with the masses.

One can gain power and order them about. Make them build monuments to yourself. But they always remain the masses.

They are like the grass, nourishing until some one strikes a match, then they all go up in smoke all at once.

All one needs to set himself apart from the masses is to care for the masses.
    As soon as you do you will find yourself alone.

Yes there are Doctors without borders. They beg everyday for the means to help the masses.
    The masses still starve because the masses let them starve. We don't listen in mass to anyone.

No body, not even Jesus has ever really impacted the masses. He came for the few remember.
    We have not change as much as we wish it.

But we should be cognoscente of the fact that the masses gave birth to every creative genius ever born.
    The are the breeding stock from which superior men and women arise.
    They are the true wealth of any nation and when they are well cared for nations arise... but not so high that the masses are made to feel uncomfortable.

They are like a sea anchor they give us stability because they do not listen. When they are agitated and do listen they are as likely to pick Trump as they are to pick anything else. They are after all the masses. They believe what the masses believe they do what the masses do and if you are to far out of line,

say you want to prevent a lynching, then you are more likely to get hanged that to save anyone...but still do try":O}

Enough meandering though human liabilities, We live imperfectly in a perfect world. We are bound to attract unwanted attention from time to time.

"Man is born to troubles as the sparks fly upward."

In the end I believe the universe knows exactly what it is doing and we know as much as we can.
    The enormity of life kinda prevents us from knowing very much at all.
  13. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

I thought GotG2 was surprisingly good, I agree that Groot probably was its great saving grace. Anyone know if the 4th season of "Better Call Saul" is available on Netflix? It probably will be after a good and long wait. I'm not certain that Season 4 has much more interesting material on offer. However, the 3rd season sure ended with a cliff hanger.

No, the 4th season isn't on Netflix, at least yet.

The more I read the more I think that dissent is plum useless. The powers that are pay no attention to it at all. So what IS effective?
    Violence against the state is simply foolish. The state always has much more force to offer.
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  14. Daniel~

Home page:
    Extremely well said my friend!
  15. Daniel~

Home page:
    "He who can unite the masses can rule this world."

But how can one do that?

It's done though the needs of the children. The masses are not without their faults.
    But they will jump off cliffs just to give their children a soft place to land.

There are of course terrible parents in this world.

But The masses in mass dearly love their own. Alas care little for those who came not from their own loins.

So there we have it. We love and care for those closest to us but cannot seem to recognize the child of another.

When enough of our children die...
    All children become precious even to the masses.
  16. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Very well said, Dan.
  17. danrok

danrok Administrator Staff Member

Season 4 is there, I've watched it already.
  18. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Season 4 is on Netflix? Perhaps on your side of the Atlantic, but it's not on Amerikanski Netflix. Sigh.
  19. Daniel~

Home page:
    Chris there will always be a place for you among those who love and care for their fellows.,You bring hope with you when you come.

Just shine on until the mirror bright surrenders to you all that is of the light

Day break is the first born of the night.
  20. Daniel~

Home page:
    Some fan! So what you can't swim? get you water wings in gear Saul awaits you! LOL