1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aquaria - Nice game - Looking forward to install on my new compu

Discussion in 'Games' started by Lorena, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Lorena

Lorena Member

I was checking GOG games and found this game AQUARIA.-
    http://www.bit-blot.com/aquaria/
    Maybe too girlish but I really think it looks nice and fun.-
    Just wanted to share it with you.-
  2. Lorena

Lorena Member

Now im wondering.... What I should do to be able to play browser games (like Facebook or kongregate games)?
    What are pipelight - silverlight - unity web player and widevine? Are those tools I need for browser games?
    I saw very nice unity games like School of Dragons - My granddaughter would love to be able to play it when she come to visit me .- Maybe somebody knows a good step by step guide?
  3. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Pipelight is the best option for Facebook Flash games and Unity WebPlayer games.
    I've had a lot of success from it.
    Initially I was installing Windows Firefox in PlayOnLinux and installing Unity player and Flash player, but eventually Firefox stopped running well in PlayOnLinux.
    There is a version override extension where you can make Firefox act like different versions like Windows Firefox version 29.

The best way to setup Pipelight is with our Dead Frontier guide or our City of Steam Guide

I recently tried installing it in Firefox 46.0.1 recently and the Unity plugin never really installed correctly. So let me know if you have problems.

Aquaria is a pretty fun game. Yes kinda girly, but still fun. I got lost at some point and gave up.
  4. Lorena

Lorena Member

BTW City of Steam is no more - they ended the project - what a pity
  5. booman

Home page:
    Dang, I see that. I really liked City of Steam. I followed them on Moddb.com for a few years when they were in development.
    Maybe it was the free-to-play business model? You get plenty of players, but not so many paying money.
    Cool, game... I played it a bit in the browser and it ran really well. I was surprised how good it looked even though it played with a Unity plugin.
  6. Lorena

Lorena Member

Yes the look was awesome.-
  7. booman

Home page:
    Kinda sad too because now nobody can play City of Steam... even offline. I wonder if they could release the game as a singleplayer or multi-player LAN game? Where I can host it myself like Torchlight II and let my friends join...
    So many MMORPG's that were cancelled and never play again. What a waste of money, talent, development and time.
    Meanwhile games like Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3 and many others live on forever...
    Sometimes singleplayer is just better.
  8. Lorena

Lorena Member

If there was a possibility to play City of Steam I would be first in line. I was watching that game for a long time but didnt know how to use or install Unity. Didnt know what Unity was about or how to implement it. Now that I have some knowledge and help to try it, IT GONE FOREVER .- Really sad.... :(
    booman likes this.
  9. booman

Home page:
    This is why there is a great benefit to offline and singleplayer modes.
    Like Team Fortress 2... initially you could only play online and against people. I basically stopped playing it because the game was so hard... some people just have nothing better to do than play games. I'll never be as good as them.
    But once they added a practice mode with bots and the ability to host the game offline with bots, I was back-in-business.
    Now I can play it without being online and I can play with friends in my LAN or against bots.
    I think all games should do this, but I know there is a lot of database work that has to be done for this to happen. Specially games like MMORPG's. I don't know how Elder Scrolls games work with all the data, inventory, weapons, armor, magic, etc
    But they pull it off in single-player.