1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audiophile Linux

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, May 31, 2018.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, May 31, 2018.

1. Daniel~
    A Distro for every need.!
    Great find Boo!
  2. booman
    Yeah, I'm curious what compatibility it has with expansion sound cards like Sound Blaster and external A/D devices.

Some day I'm going to make a small recording studio and I have to consider all of this for multi-track recording.
  3. Daniel~
    I have a spare 90 gig SSD, I may give this a try. Doubt I'll use it as My music mostly comes from the state library. I'd have to re-take out and rip hundreds, well over two hundred disks to rip again.... depends on my energy levels and how well I understand the new distro...we'll see.
  4. Daniel~
    Download is going to take 20hours+ and still climbing, that's for free paid is faster, that seems to be the only difference between free and paid. Seems reasonable.
  5. Daniel~
    Don't look at me...it's still downloading...I think they really meant it when they said it was a 24 hour download... but hey it's for MUSIC!
  6. booman
    Geesh, how large is the image?
    WOW! 3 days for me!
    That is crazy!
    They would be better off using Google Docs
  7. Daniel~
    I think he's just trying to get paid for his work... If you pay a fast download from his server, if you can't pay a very slow 17K on an 828 megs.

I was down for 3 or for hours.

I've been getting 100mb speed tests consistently for a few days now and so to celebrate this fine achievement Centurylink picked a perfectly clam and clear night to kill my connection, So it goes...
  8. Daniel~
    As I supposedly have but 1 hour and 26 minutes left in my download, I took a look at the install instructions. It's not at all clear to me why installing this is such a bitch!
  9. Daniel~
    `I ordered some DVD blanks from Ebay. I Might get this a try, looks complicated as hell to install.
  10. booman
    So you really are going to try this?
  11. Daniel~
    I don't think so, but never think I'm going to try something over my heard, then
    I remember that Chris and Thunder road probably aren't doing anything all that important....":O}
    Honestly I think the provider needs to discover a better way to install
    before I jump in.