1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doomsday clock moved up to 2 minutes to midnight

Discussion in 'Random Nonsense' started by ThunderRd, Jan 26, 2018.

1. ThunderRd

ThunderRd Irreverent Query Chairman Staff Member

Home page:
  2. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Thank the right wing lord above! Massa Trump is SO good for everyone! My nightmare has reached maximum performance--and I'm so thankful for that. Not. You don't get the best quality sleep when you are dreaming and I'm dreaming far too much. Can't beat nightmares generated by fear for the present and future. Thank you Massa Trump. You're the beast!
  3. ThunderRd

ThunderRd Irreverent Query Chairman Staff Member

Home page:
    George, there's a lot more in that document than just Trump. Did you actually read it?

He's a screwball, but he's the screwball we've got. There are a lot of other pressing issues, as well. This is a group of a dozen or more Nobel laureates; I don't believe they are completely obsessed by his antics. There is a larger picture.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  4. Kaitain

Kaitain Active Member

Well... being a Nobel laureate doesn't necessarily amount to much. The paper itself is well-reasoned, but I rather suspect the conclusions and recommendations will fall on deaf ears. Especially calling from rationality from those leaders whose power and reputation depends upon the opposite...
  5. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Yes, I didn't read the whole column. Having done so, I can't help but despair for our future. Trump is a useful tool for those powers that be. He doesn't do anything really other than make the day to day lives of ordinary Americans and by extension the world more difficult by loving being vicious. His real value to those on the top is that he greatly helps move the spotlight away from what those in power are REALLY doing, day by day. I fear that we have passed the point of no return, the complete installation of a police state is nearly a signed, sealed delivered fact. No democracy allowed and none wanted by those in power.

The boys at the top don't want war with Russia. That kind of war will remove them from power. Madmen love the idea of "crushing" North Korea. And China--well China has become much too big for its britches.

Those in power can't see that the American Empire is crashing around their ears. This situation simply makes them more desperate to control everything. Which they are doing, but they are not smart enough to see it. Their sense of privilege and entitlement make them blind to the big picture. Honestly, I don't mind this hideous empire failing, look at the horrific things we do to the world every second. All empires fall and they all become blinder and lash out in more ugly ways.

Your mileage most definitely will vary.
  6. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

I receive e-mail every working day from the Honkey House. I am too invested in dissing Mr Trump. He is such an easy object of dislike--he fulfills this function flawlessly. It's really the American people who are responsible for his election. PLUS crooked acts and serving the interests of the rich by the at least four of the recent presidents. Including Mr Clinton and most definitely Mr Obama. The democratic party is truly just a scintilla better than the republicans from a humanistic standpoint, but they both have no interest in serving the interests and well being of the ordinary people that are the great majority of us.

This pays them well, little people are too poor to matter. I dunno if this march from oligarchy to straight fascist authoritarianism can be arrested by the little people. But the little people can certainly be arrested for protesting this state of affairs.