1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Daerandin, Aug 30, 2015.

• by Daerandin, Aug 30, 2015 at 7:14 PM
  • Daerandin

Daerandin Well-Known Member

Home page:
    EDC_title01.jpg

E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy is a first person action game with rpg elements. The character development of the game is very complex and might take a while to figure out. There are also several other gameplay mechanics in addition to combat, such as hacking and PSI abilities. It is the ability to play the whole game cooperatively with friends that really make it shine in my opinion.

EDC_title02.jpg

The guide will explain how to setup Steam in PlayOnLinux so that you can install and play the game in steam.

Tips & Specs

To learn more about PlayOnLinux and Wine configuration, see the online manual: PlayOnLinux explained

Arch Linux 64-bit
    PlayOnLinux 4.2.8
    Wine 1.7.50

Setup PlayOnLinux

Launch PlayOnLinux and select 'Tools' and 'Manage Wine versions'

In the new window that appears, scroll through the 'Available Wine versions' box to find '1.7.50' and click on the right pointing arrow to install it, afterwards it will appear on the right side under 'Installed Wine versions'
    If you have a 64-bits system, make sure you have selected the 'Wine versions (x86)' tab above, although it works well on 64-bit as well to my experience, I will just not cover it in this guide

EDC_01.jpg

Just close the window. Back at the main PlayOnLinux window, select 'Install'

Click on 'Install a non-listed program'

EDC_02.jpg

Select 'Install a program in a new virtual drive'

EDC_03.jpg

Name the virtual drive "eye"

EDC_04.jpg

On the next window, select 'Use another version of Wine', 'Configure wine' and 'Install some libraries'

EDC_05.jpg

On the wine selection window, select the 1.7.50 version and click 'Next'. Make sure you select '32-bits window installation' if you are on a 64-bit system, although as mentioned earlier, it should also work using a 64-bit virtual drive if so desired.

EDC_06.jpg

When the wine configuration window appear, select the 'Graphics' tab, and click the checkbox for all four options. Make sure that you set the resolution to your desktop resolution. My desktop is at 1920 x 1080, so I set that for the wine virtual desktop resolution. Click OK to continue.

EDC_07.jpg

Note: Even though the language is Norwegian in my screenshot, the layout will look the same for you

When you come to the selection of libraries, select POL_Install_steam

EDC_08.jpg

Then click Next

You have to go through the Steam install process manually. I always prefer to install Steam by using this library in PlayOnLinux since it takes care of the missing font issue in Steam, while also installing the corefonts library so it looks better than just a manual Steam install.

Just click Next

EDC_09.jpg

This install process is pretty straightforward. Click to agree to the EULA, then just click Next through the next few screen, until you can click Install.

EDC_10.jpg

When the Steam installation is finished, make sure you uncheck the box for starting Steam, we do not want to start Steam at this point.

After you have unchecked the box for starting Steam, you can click on Finished

EDC_11.jpg

When it asks you for the install file to run, click on 'Cancel'

EDC_12.jpg

The virtual drive has already been set up by this point and there is no need to run any install file. Now back at the main PlayOnLinux window, click on 'Configure', it does not matter what game shortcut is selected when you click 'Configure' so don't worry about that.

On the left side, find the virtual drive you just set up, it will be listed with the same name you typed in during set-up. Look for 'eye', when you find it make sure to select it. After you have selected it, click on 'Make a new shortcut from this virtual drive'

EDC_13.jpg

Check the screenshot above for reference. It is very important that you select the virtual drive you just set up before making further changes.

Select Steam.exe and click next. You can name the shortcut "Steam - EYE" then click 'I don't want to make another shortcut' and click next.

EDC_14.jpg

Now click on the 'Display' tab on the top. Change 'Video memory size' to reflect your GPU memory.

EDC_15.jpg

At this point you can close the PlayOnLinix configuration window and start Steam from the Shortcut in the main PlayOnLinux window. First Steam will update.

EDC_16.jpg

Once this update is finished, you may encounter this error message

EDC_17.jpg

This can be safely ignored, just click Next and then continue by logging in to Steam

EDC_18.jpg

Now just find the game in your game library, and click Install

EDC_19.jpg

This game runs without any issues. I have played through the campaign once in cooperative multiplayer with a friend (both running it in wine) and everything worked perfectly. The single player works too, but I feel that this game is best suited to play in cooperative multiplayer. After completing missions, the same maps can be replayed within the campaign in order to additional secondary missions and also level up your character further.

Screenshots

EDC_sc01.jpg EDC_sc02.jpg
    EDC_sc03.jpg EDC_sc04.jpg
    EDC_sc05.jpg EDC_sc06.jpg
    booman and mrdeathjr28 like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Daerandin, Aug 30, 2015.

1. booman
    Awesome! Glad E.Y.E is running in PlayOnLinux
    I'm actually surprised they don't have a native version, specially with the Source Engine.

Did you know you can upload and insert your screenshots and they will resize automatically when you click them?
    Instead of using the thumbnails.
    I found that the thumbnails have to load all of the screenshots before allowing you to see them.