1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Its My Birthday!

Discussion in 'Random Nonsense' started by booman, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    Aremis, age not withstanding, your lack of comprehension is to be expected.
    The truth is that at my age I'm lucky to be able to play games.

There isn't a lot of physical activity that I can manage. Beside I have zero interest in going any where.
    I have on the whole lost interest in this world, see little value and less to be gained that I did in my youth.

We turn inwards as we age. I play games while I await my fate. Mostly my conciseness is spent observing myself as I do my thing, this being so it matters little what that thing might be.

Often It is not what we do, but how we do it. At 70 it's a matter of what we can still do.
    There's a time in my now distant past when I could leap from a standing start and throw 3 kicks before I landed.(head, chest, abdomen)(front kick, side kick or roundhouse Now one must kick me three times to get me to stand up.
    (There was a Korean Mater in the 50's that could do 5, but he did use a a quick step start...the guy inspired me! ":O}

Not to worry, all will reveal itself to you...as age takes away what youth once gave us so freely.But your not alone. Here's a saying I particularly admire:

"a young girl can do more understand motherhood than a mother can return to being a virgin."

All things come in their own time. When they come they bring understanding. ":O}

I don't know everything just what matters LOL
  2. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    I'm very "homeward bound" with my family. We don't travel, we don't camp and never go to the mall (unless its superbowl sunday). But we do a lot of things at home together:
    • Video Games
    • Crafts
    • Toys
    • Board Games
    • Indoor sports
    • TV/Movies
    Mostly because in Arizona summer is 6 months of the year and its over 100 degrees. So we have learned to spend a LOT of time indoors.

When we go out its mostly:
    • Shopping
    • Church
    • Skatepark
    • Parks
    • Family
    I love being at home! So much to do and lots of fun doing it! We only go out-of-town to visit my Grandma's and its only hour and a half away. We get to spend the night at her house so we don't need to pay for lodging.

Most people think this is awkward and depressing to stay home this much... But I LOVE IT!
    I can't wait to get home and play with the kids and hang with my wife.

I know the day will eventually come when I can't do as much physical activities, so I will do as much as I can now before that day comes.

I still have plans though... Gaming is definitely one of them, but I hope to keep playing music (guitar, drums, singing) and doing arts (drawing, pottery, crafts).

70 is only 30 years away for me, so unless something traumatic happens I'm planning to do most of the activities I do now, minus skateboarding.
  3. Daniel~

Home page:
    Skateboarding at 40 did give me pause. Your either very very good or very very or brave.
    Other than that.. Dude you and your family got the big door prize!

Your of course completely right to cherish the moment.

Confucius Said
    ":If it is a mans duty to travel then he must travel.
    If it is a man's duty is to remain at home then he should remain at home."

All that matters is that we do out duty and each man must determine for himself where his duty lies.

"Happy families":O}
  4. booman

Home page:
    Yup, I take my two daughters (7 & 10) to the skatepark and I can still roll around a bit.
    I don't do anything crazy like when I was younger, but I can still fly around and keep from getting hurt.
  5. Daniel~

Home page:
    Wisdom may lie in stopping before one is stopped. I'm sure you will know when that day comes.":O}
  6. booman

Home page:
    Yes, and not looking forward to it. ;)