1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LET IT DIE in Proton

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Jan 17, 2022.

• by booman, Jan 17, 2022 at 12:46 PM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    LET IT DIE is a free to play 3rd person action survival game with a tournament style game-play. Select a male or female clone and climb the tower by slaying robots, clones and looting their corpse for gear. Eat and store frogs, mushrooms and other stuff to power up or poison yourself. This is a single-player game but almost seems like a multi-player game because you will fight against your previous characters that died.

Apparently this is a survival game but I didn't see very many survival needs... no hunger, water, sleep, or crafting. There is weapon crafting in the lobby and you can customize your characters, but it seems when you die the next start is with a brand new clone with nothing but underwear. Also, most of the levels are flat, so it doesn't really feel like you are climbing a tower until you get to the ladder at the end.

Its pretty fun slaying previous characters and finding new weapons and gear! There is definitely a "souls" style of game-play and its much easier than Dark Souls too. Its FREE, so get in there and start climbing the tower!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/794600/LET_IT_DIE/

Proton handles LET IT DIE really well! There are initially some really slow loading times but once its done you can start hacking and slashing! I never experienced any performance issues but I did find that the game is very dark, which I think it is supposed to be, but definitely darker than other games.

Specs:
    Mint 20.2 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 1060
    Nvidia 470
    Proton 6.3-8

letdie-0.jpg letdie-2.jpg letdie-3.jpg letdie-5.jpg letdie-6.jpg letdie-8.jpg letdie-9.jpg letdie-10.jpg letdie-11.jpg letitdie-0.jpg letitdie-1.jpg letitdie-2.jpg letitdie-3.jpg letitdie-7.jpg letitdie-9.jpg letitdie-10.jpg letitdie-11.jpg letitdie-12.jpg letitdie-13.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2022

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Jan 17, 2022.