1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Space Hulk

Discussion in 'STEAM Powered Linux' started by Daerandin, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Daerandin

Daerandin Well-Known Member

Home page:
    Space Hulk just got a Linux version recently released, and today the devs finally fixed a locale bug that has been around since early beta testing for the Linux version.

Space Hulk is based on the board game with the same name, specifically the limited third edition of the board game. Since I happen to own all three editions of the board game, it would be an understatement to say I am pleased to finally see this game on Linux.

This is a Warhammer 40k (the miniature wargame) game, with all the lore and typical themes of that franchise. In short, you control Space Marines in terminator armor, clearing a space hulk of Genestealer infestation. There is also multiplayer, recreating the board game where two people can play against each other.
  2. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Whoa, $30? too high for my peasant blood. But I'm glad they invested in a Linux port.
    Yay Linux!
  3. Daerandin

Daerandin Well-Known Member

Home page:
    I have been playing this game quite a bit over the last couple of days, and I must say that I LOVE it. It stays true to the board game, and the feel of the game is awesome. The devs have also been very communicative on the Steam forums, which is great.

This is a turn based tactical game, where you control a few space marines navigating narrow corridors while alien monsters are coming from all sides. The graphics are very good, and I just can't get enough of the gameplay. I can play my favorite board game even when alone now, haha.