1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Sims 3 Guide

Discussion in 'PlayOnLinux' started by Soof, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Soof

Soof New Member

Thank you, booman, for the great and detailed instructions - even an unexperienced user like me can understand them. I followed all the steps and it looks all exactly like described, but I'm failing at the final frontier: When I try to launch the game, it just doesn't do anything. Am I missing something? I got it all installed and get the button "Play" in Origin, but when I click it, the button just goes inactive and nothing happens. I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 with an Intel Sandybridge Mobile x86/MMX/SSE2 and PlayOnLinux 4.2.10. Your help would be much appreciated! I tried running this from Steam first, without any success, and I was thrilled that Origin with your tutorial brought me a step further, but I would really love to play now. :D
  2. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Thanks for posting!
    Make sure to install the newest version of PlayOnLinux: 4.2.12

Steam, Origin, Uplay and many other clients eventually have issues in PlayOnLinux/Wine. but for the most part they can work with some trial-n-error. If you are using the Origin version, make sure to follow the guide carefully, but it is getting a bit old and something may have changed in Origin that can break Wine.

I recently made an Origin guide for Kingdoms of Amalur
    You may want to follow that Origin install first.

Second, make sure you have 32-bit libraries installed and proprietary video drivers installed.