1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very basic Intel processors security problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cloasters, May 4, 2017.

1. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Maybe I expect too much from the Democrats. I don't really mind doing that, I lean Left. The leadership of the Democratic party sure as hell doesn't. Rightists of all stripes don't agree with me. In case you haven't noticed, the Dems have leaned HARD right for the last thirty or forty years.
    The Repubs are beyond redemption. But expecting their suicides because of them waking up to the fact that every one of them is pure evil is asking far too much. In a sane world it is not. Ever since the "Democrats for Reagan" the Dems have become more like Republicans every day. I simply can not cheer them on.

Bernie knuckled under to her majesty. I still have faith in him, but I'm afraid that he can't save us if he refuses to consider a third party run. Which he's doing. Sigh. Plus the fact that he's no spring chicken.
    It requires huge lawful demonstrations from coast to coast to unseat the monster(s) in charge. The stinking Republicans are busy stealing the last vestiges of free speech remaining to us. I support protest. Too old to march in the street myself, but I support free speech with donations.
  2. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    If we are to keep a pace with Current events we will surly have to drop alternative facts in favor of a far more robust and comprehensive "Alternate reality" One in which "I fired him because he was investigating me for treason." sounds like the patriotic thing to do!

Say what one may, if he's still in office in two months it will be the republicans fault.

He reversing the great good Michele did our nation in insisting our kids get a healthy lunch, that is healthy food for lunch. He's going back to candy and trash for lunch.

If that doesn't say he loves us what does?
  3. Daniel~

Home page:
    I doubt very much that Bernie would have refused to split the party if he thought he could win for us. He is after all an independent not a dem. He did not think he could win. He did not think electing a president was as important as building his caucus. Which by the way just kicked the Republican ass on health care.
    And he lives to fight and support others in their fight another day.

"You can't always get what you want
    But if you try sometimes you get what you need."

You may not see it yet but Bernie bought us time in which to get what we need....Politically.

But Turumprt and the the US oligarchy have already won!!

They have delayed us in their petty ambitions and ugly greed while the WORLD is dying around us.

We ran out of time and none of this will matter all that much. There are four famines squeezing the life out of children while starving parents can only look.. Islands are being abandon as the seas rise.

Drought caused the Syrian crisis more than any thing else. We will get better at governing as the price of incompetence begins to skyrocket. But we are still increasing the rate at which we will parish every day as we increase the rate of change.
  4. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Gosh knows we are squarely on target for human extinction and in less than fifty years, imho. We are SO fortunate that the Galumph administration sees this so clearly. All I can do is to live frugally and not add to our pace of self extinction. I'm not doing this very well. I live small but can get better at this.
    Losing the human race doesn't seem so tragic to me. Perhaps the next dominant creature will be far easier on resources?
  5. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Returning to the original subject of this thread for a moment, it looks like I may have to change to an AMD processor machine as soon as is possible. Intel has proven itself to be a pawn of the Evil Ones--and irredeemably so.
  6. Daniel~

Home page:
    Some will hang on no matter what. Once most of us are gone things will get much easier for those who remain. They will have time and room to make adaptations to their new world..

But the Truth is we have not yet begun to fight climate change. We have yet to really ramp up the science
    and implement what we know will work, and many more ideas there's good reason to think might work.

You can't just stab a bear and walk away. We are going to be fighting climate change blow for blow
    until we heal the bear or kill it... which is to say the bear overwhelms all our efforts to restore balance. and most of us die.

Once our efforts cease nature will wind down and settle back into the good 'ol use to be.
    and
    "Oh God the pride of man is trampled in the dust again."

We will struggle on perhaps a little closer to understanding that we can not change the world only unbalance and there by destroy it.
    we can not change others, only ourselves. Every effort to heal the bear is an effort to heal ourselves and to kill the bear is sure and certain suicide.
  7. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Well said, Dan.
    "Oh God, pride of man--broken in the dust again." Lyrics in "Quicksilver Messenger Service's" probably most popular song.
  8. Daniel~

Home page:
    I'm pretty sure it's William Blake....But I'm not sure if you or I got Blake right....Forgive me Willy! ":O}
  9. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Ignorant me, I thought it was a quote from the Bible.
  10. Daniel~

Home page:
    Being unsure and not wanting to lead us astray.. I Google all over my self

Pride Of Man by Hamilton Camp - Lyrics as sung by Gordon Lightfoot
    gordonlightfoot.com/prideofman.shtml
    ... shame Their mighty men are beaten down, their kings have fallen in the ways Oh God, the pride of man, broken in the dust again Turn around, go back down, ...
    Quicksilver Messenger Service - Pride Of Man lyrics | LyricsMode.com
    www.lyricsmode.com › Quicksilver Messenger Service
    1 explanation, 4 meanings to Pride Of Man lyrics by Quicksilver Messenger Service: Turn around, go back ... Oh God, the Pride of Man, broken in the dust again.
  11. Daniel~

Home page:
    I think we can agree that Blake owes us an apology! ":O|
  12. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Thank you very much for doing the sleuthing, Dan!
  13. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

I may be wrong, but this added "snoop-ability" of Intel procs demands that my next machine be powered by AMD. I sincerely hope that AMD doesn't leave extra back doors into their processors' most basic levels.
  14. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

My browser won't let me cut and paste URL's. There is more recent disturbing news about the security holes in Intel's series 6 and 7 processors. at www.slashdot.com and www.theregister.com .
  15. Daniel~

Home page:
    Try rebooting, still no go? Back up your favorites

then go to software manager and uninstall then reinstall Firefox.

If none of the above is your fate you need more help than I know how to give.wait here I'll go get help!
  16. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

I'm using Opera after discovering security holes in Firefox. I tried rebooting but it didn't help. Not in a hurry to dump Opera and reinstall it. The process is confusing, unfortunately.
    Haven't been able to un-Zip Firefox, or I'd give it another try--maybe.
    Thank you for your assistance, Daniel.
  17. Daniel~

Home page:
    You can get Firefox in "Software Manger. You just click install.
    A it's directly from Mint, it gives you your best bet

In fact you can get almost anything there that you might want. Well worth exploring!
  18. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Thank you for the pointer, Daniel! I'm typing this in Firefox.
  19. Daniel~

Home page:
    So do I.
  20. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

I get a free Canadian VPN that's easy to use in Opera. None apparent in Firefox--but you know it's ALWAYS something.