1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wine 1.x not found

Discussion in 'PlayOnLinux' started by dlf, Dec 12, 2015.

1. dlf

dlf New Member

I am running Linux Mint 17.2 (With cinnamon as the Desktop Environment) 64 bit . . . I have installed Wine/PlayonLinux, following some of the guides on this site (like the Arkham games) and it calls to install 1.7.8 for Arkham City/Origins but I don't seems to have that available to me.
    1.8-rc3-staging
    1.8-rc3
    1.8-rc2-staging
    1.8-rc1
    1.7.55-staging
    etc

So how could I get 1.7.8 to install ArkhamCity/Origins. On a different note, regardless of how I install Skyrim the one slight issue I get is being unable to press both of my mouse buttons down at the same time and shoot either fire or dual healing - they have to be pressed down one at a time, I'm certain this issue doesn't exist in Windows.
  2. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Before you go looking for Wine 1.7.8, try using the newer ones first. Specially if you are using Steam and Pulseaudio for sound.
    1.7.55-staging now supports Pulseaudio and you don't have to disable the In Game Overlay anymore.
    I bet Batman will run with that version.

As for Skyrim, I honestly don't remember using both mouse buttons unless I was dual-wielding...
    Any time I wanted to use magic to heal, I had to press Tab and switch to the magic.
  3. dlf

dlf New Member

You can favorite magic and items - press the F key, then the Q (when not in a menu) - opening a small sub menu within you can press 1-9 to assign a hot key.
    vashin likes this.
  4. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Oh, that is why, I didn't use the hot keys. I learned to use the quick-menu, but that was about it.