1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Fish Games

Discussion in 'PlayOnLinux' started by Pavel Řezníček, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Pavel Řezníček

Pavel Řezníček New Member

Home page:
    Recently, we had a discussion with booman on AppDB about the Big Fish Games Client.

The client itself installs and runs on WINE but after installing a game it freezes and after killing it and starting again, you never get to your games because it freezes just after the start.

Booman suggested to copy the games from my Windows installation to the WINE virtual drive.

And guys, it worked (after solving a problem with my graphics card). Most of the games run seamlessly.

What doesn't work is Fairies (a hanging black screen) and Geisha (too slow to enjoy).

Else everything works so my mom can switch from Windoze XP to WINE on April 8th 2014 when XP's support ends.

I consider this a success. Thanks that PlayOnLinux exists.
  2. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Thanks for posting Pavel and welcome to the forum!

I have tested BigFish Games client a few times and always have problems.
    I'm glad the games can be copied from Windows to the same folder in PlayOnLinux.
    Then they can be launched without the client.

But I would love to resolve the client problems so it can be considered success in Linux.
    There are literally hundreds of puzzle, adventure, Point-n-Click and gem games in Big Fish Games.

It would be a great addition to our PlayOnLinux list of games.

I'll have to take a look at it again.
    I'm afraid we are at the mercy of Wine developers and Gecko Layout Engine