1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Mesa in Linux

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Dec 27, 2023.

• by booman, Dec 27, 2023 at 11:33 PM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Black Mesa is modder-built total conversion of Half-Life using the source engine. Anyone who has played a First Person Shooter on PC knows about Half-Life. It is one of the most original linear action sci-fi games ever made! Crowbar Collective has taken it upon themselves to create a reboot of Half-Life using more modern Source engine the entire game from beginning to end!

Black Mesa is so well done that I won't ever play the original Half-Life again! You will see some content from Half-Life 2 series but there is a lot of original content as well. I'm amazed at how detailed the models, objects and level design is... each level is so close to the original game but with beautiful lighting and detailed textures... I'm hooked! And for our bonus, they made a native port for Linux!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/362890/Black_Mesa/

I am still playing through the entire game with my daughter and so far its a bit easier than the original, but extremely fun. No major issues effecting gameplay. There are a few areas that slow down but it is very rare. Some of the textures aren't "high quality" but other than that, its beautiful!

Mint 21.1 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 1650
    Nvidia 535

bmesa-0.jpg bmesa-2.jpg bmesa-3.jpg bmesa-49.jpg bmesa-48.jpg bmesa-46.jpg bmesa-44.jpg bmesa-43.jpg bmesa-41.jpg bmesa-38.jpg bmesa-35.jpg bmesa-32.jpg bmesa-29.jpg bmesa-26.jpg bmesa-23.jpg bmesa-22.jpg bmesa-21.jpg bmesa-19.jpg bmesa-18.jpg bmesa-17.jpg bmesa-16.jpg bmesa-15.jpg bmesa-13.jpg bmesa-12.jpg bmesa-10.jpg bmesa-9.jpg bmesa-7.jpg bmesa-6.jpg

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Dec 27, 2023.

1. booman
    Screenshots of later chapters and Zen

mesab-0.jpg

mesab-1.jpg

mesab-2.jpg

mesab-3.jpg

mesab-4.jpg

mesab-5.jpg

mesab-6.jpg

mesab-7.jpg

mesab-8.jpg

mesab-9.jpg